How many inches have to GAINED so far this year??

Kamilla16

Just wanted to see how much length everyone was retaining so far. I think I gained about 3 inches? And thats pushing it! So how much ahve you gained????

hunnybunny81

I got about 3.5'' and it took me 9 months to get that, so I figure by January it'll have been 4.5''. Currently I only need 2.5'' more to reach my goal..Hopefully by February/March I'll be there!!

Nonie

Yung, correction... You've gained some you just don't know how much coz you trim daily.

Oh, and my answer to the question is I don't know. I didn't measure my hair until I joined the forum and I haven't measured it again.

YuNg

yeah but its not like it gets really long nonie it gets to about 1 and 3/4ths inch max trimmed or not

skegeesmb

I've gotten about 5 inches of growth since January, but counting hairline to ends, it seems like a lot more.

miss_brown

I'm not sure about this year exactly, but in the past year, I've kept (growth minus trims) about 3.5 inches.
Better than the year before, but my goal is to grow at least 7 inches in the next year and keep at least 6.

CrownnGlori

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
I'm not sure about this year exactly, but in the past year, I've kept (growth minus trims) about 3.5 inches.
Better than the year before, but my goal is to grow at least 7 inches in the next year and keep at least 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. I kept maybe 4. And keeping 6 out of 7 is my goal. Way better then the last year though.

butterscotch

Since joining this board in March, I have gained 5 inches. If I wouldn't have gotten the trims, I probably would have 6 inches.

Chipmunk

I haven't the slightest clue. It looks like it's not growing, but I think I'll have to stretch it to get a better idea. My shrinkage is no joke.

ellemoe22

I measuered my hair the other day I have 8-9 in all around. When stretched my hair falls an 1-2 inch past my shoulders. 6 more in till bra-strap. yeah!!

WaterMoccasin

BUMP
I guess I could've waited until the end of June but what the heck- now that nearly half the year is gone, how many inches have you gained/retained so far in these past five months?
For me, 2-3 inches...which is good because that is usually me yearly retention
although it also means I am behind in the 12 in/12 mo challenge...but that's ok, I didn't expect to actually make 12...I'd be happy with 6!
How's everyone doing?

dannie

I have no idea. Not enough IMO. I know I trimmed it to much, last year trying to even it up. Then you guys told me it doesn't matter what I do because it will still grow in uneven. Now I say screw it!! Unless I get breakage from the ends (which rarely happens) I'm not trimming til December.

All in all I'd say 2-3 inches.