How long does a typical bottle of moisturizer last you?

vtoodler

Let's say you purchase an average-sized bottle (8 oz.) of your favorite moisturizer.

How long, on average, will it last if you use it everyday on your hair?

Last edited:

lilyofthenile

About six months - I don't use them all every day. I have about three leave in's which I use and I switch between them now and then and I still have the one from January which is nearly finished.

I did use that one until March without using other leave in's and I still had a lot left because I didn't use that much and I seem to use less when my hair is in braids. I also didn't use it every day either...

So depending on how you wear your hair and how often you need to moisturise I think it can vary.

NikkiQ

I'm going with 5 to 6 months. I try not to be heavy handed since I cowash daily.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

darlingdiva

Mine lasts for about five months because I mostly just use it on my ends. The moisture that I receive from deep conditioning usually lasts throughout the week for me.

Amoreofcurls

My first bottle of my giovanni leave in lasted me a few weeks because I wasnt aware that a lil goes a long way...plus it be squirting out too much...

greenandchic

Depending on the product, about a few weeks to a month assuming its an 8 oz bottle.

Natural hair, wash 2-3 times weekly and very porous.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I dont moisturize daily (i know you said that in the op but i dont) so id say no less than 6 months

iri9109

at least a few months...but i dont use the same ones everyday so that might not be an accurate measure.

kittikat24

About a month..I'm heavy handed:look:
That is, if I 'm using that 8 oz bottle exclusively..most of the time I switch up between moisturisers, so I'm not consistent with just one.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
4-6 weeks. Right after I relax, my hair isn't as dry and I don't want to weigh it down with product, so I use it sparingly. But when I'm deep in a stretch, my hair can get very dry so I use a lot more of it.

Skiggle

I am heavy handed....I have extra thick and porous hair.
But I have been using castor oil in combination with my moisturizer
to keep my hair soft for days and money in my pocket.

I'm mad at the ladies who can go 6 months or more
without buying moisturizer:ohwell::lol:

AimWard

I use some sort of water based conditioner/leave-in as my moisturizer and I get 2.5 to 3 uses out of an 8 oz. bottle. I saturate my hair on wash day and I only reapply to my ends through out the week. This translates into a bottle lasting about 3 weeks or 3 washes. My hair laughs at nickles, quarters and dimes. I need 1/2 dollar sized amounts for each of my 8 to 10 sections.

greenandchic

I use some sort of water based conditioner/leave-in as my moisturizer and I get 2.5 to 3 uses out of an 8 oz. bottle. I saturate my hair on wash day and I only reapply to my ends through out the week. This translates into a bottle lasting about 3 weeks or 3 washes. My hair laughs at nickles, quarters and dimes. I need 1/2 dollar sized amounts for each of my 8 to 10 sections.

THIS is my hair.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just bought an 8oz container of butter cream. That container will last forever even with daily use. At least a year or so...if not longer.