How long Do you Deep condition your hair

How long Do you deep condition your hair.

• Total voters
I voted 30 minutes.

My hair stylist deep conditions my hair with a plastic cap under a warm hooded dryer for 30 minutes, but he may not rinse it out immediately if he's working on other customers. So I may sit there for an additional 15 to 30 minutes after the dryer shuts off.

Isis said:
30 minutes, sometimes a little longer like 45 minutes and always with a plastic cap.

Ditto. Just out of pure laziness I stayed under the dryer for 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Pure LOVE. My detangling session was a cake walk.

I used to do just about 30 minutes. After seeing how many people voted for the longer time, I decided to do 45 to 60 minute deep conditioning under a het cap for the last few weeks. I love it. There is definitely a difference for me from adding more time.

30 minutes with plastic cap is how long I deep condition...while under my gold n' hot dome dryer. Medium setting is what I use... while under the dryer.. I always read a book! so this is my relaxing time since I deep con. 2x per week.

I just did a sarlem wheat germ deep condish and I was under the drier for 30 mins then I took my soft bonnet off and fell asleep, I still haven’t washed the conditioner out, I plan on it when I am off work L

I hope I haven’t messed up my hair.

I just deep conditioned yesterday for the first time. YAY! :D I left it on for about an hour with a bag on my head. No heat.

I usually condition anywhere from 40-60 minutes because I always end up doing something else (errands) in the process. My actually dryer time can range from 15-30 minutes.

I usually go 30 minutes but on days like today when I am doing a hot oil treatment for 30 mins..I will DC for 10 mins

Last night after washing my hair, I applied camellia oil to my Aveda Scalp Benefits conditioner, rub it into my hair and let it sit for at least 2 hours. After I washed it out, my hair was very soft and manegable and the comb went through it without difficulties compared to how my hair results were when I didn't add the oil to my conditioner. :D

I'm throwing out my ORS deep conditionig packs/ I found out that they were only drying my hair out. I might just use them as shaving cream instead. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I voted 3-5 minutes. I know deep conditioning for such a short time is probably not doing much for my hair but I am not willing to get in the shower, shampoo, condition, wait, and then rinse. I am very lazy when it comes to my hair.

Lately, I've been deep conditioning for 15-20 min w/ heat, then just letting the conditioner sit/marinate for another couple of hours, then rinsing. This is a big change for me, because I used to be scared my hair would get overconditioned and start breaking, but apparently my hair is stronger now and can take it! I think this has helped my hair tremendously!

wow im out of the loop, i never deep condition, i like to shampoo/condition and go. i dont have time for the rest.

This has been working really well for me. I sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for 10-20 min (however long it takes before I get hot).
Then I let the conditioner sit on the hair w/o heat for an hour or more, wrap a towel around the head. I don't know why, but it takes my deep conditioning session to the nth power.

HoneyDew said:
I have been totally NOT deep conditioning. :look: Only after a protein treatment.

I have only been deep conditioning after my henna treatments. Otherwise, I let my pre-poo serve as a deep conditioner.

i now pretty much deep condition for 30 minutes under the dryer or an hour with just my shower cap on with ors replenishing conditioner.:)

Priestess said:
I have only been deep conditioning after my henna treatments. Otherwise, I let my pre-poo serve as a deep conditioner.

Yep, I do it after henna, as well. My leave in works well in keeping my hair moisturized. I have been using Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Blam as my leave in. I used to use Giovanni Direct or Pantene Smoothing and I never pre-pooed. I had to deep condition then.

Back