How Long Do You Leave Your Cheapie Conditioners In?

How Long Do You Leave "Cheapies" In?

• Less than 10 min

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • 15-20 min

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • 30-60 min

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Overnight

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

MrsHdrLe

I am using VO5 for the first time. I usually deep condition with Elasta QP Deep Remoisture (not sure of the name), but I was wondering how long should I leave this "cheapie" in? And do you use heat?
I'm worried about over moisturizing and ending up with "mushy" hair.

Last edited:
It varies. If my hair needs more moisture I might leave it in overnight. If my moisture level is as it should be maybe about 15 to 20 minutes. How's your moisture balance right now? Do you do protein treatments periodically to keep the mushiness in check?

Less than 10.

You don't mean deep conditioning with VO5? If so don't waste your time because no matter how long you leave it on it won't deep condition. An instant conditioner will do nothing more if left on for an hour than it would leaving it on for 4-5 minutes.

I never use heat with cheapie instant conditioners because it's not gonna do anything.

Apoligies if I misunderstood your post.

Regular conditioner? As long as it takes me to finish up my shower duties. For deep conditioners, however long the instructions tell me to.

OMG, I love V05. It is the only non-natural product I use besides my heat protectant (super rare) and Alter-Ego (which might get ditched for garlic powder). I rinse my hair very throughly and then add V05 at the end. I leave it in for like a minute or less.

I pre-poo with suave or v05 for 2hrs...it melts away my tangles & turns my new growth into butta :lovedrool:...then I co-wash

The Cheapies I use for Rinsing Out Henna. So I voted "10 or Less" Because it is essentially going down the Drain, but I like the End Results.

I've never had "dry" Hair using Henna/Indigo for this Reason. My Hair has always, always been "soft" during the Henna Process, using this Step.

My Favs: V05's (of course) and Suave Tropical Coconut.:lick:

All Other Conditioners Specificially for Deep Conditioning is between 30-60 minutes.

I do not like the feel of Conditioner in my Hair Overnight.:nono:

I don't sleep well.:sad:

usually i just leave it in long enough to massage it all in, but every now and then i get too lazy to twist my hair and i end up leaving it overnight.....praise God i have had no issues with it....

I'm lazy...I'll slather my hair in conditioner (doesn't matter what brand) leave it in overnight and then rinse it out in the morning. I do the same thing with MegaTek and Ovations. :yawn: :look:

I only use my cheapies when I cowash in the shower. When I get in the shower, I rinse my hair thoroughly and apply the cheapie. I put on a shower cap and take my time washing my body. Once I'm done, I remove the shower cap and rinse out the cheapie while detangling in the shower.

i use mine 5 minutes or less, more often its only 1 minute. i use the instant conditioners just to rinse and add slip.

Less than 10 minutes for me. I use v05 conditioners and Tresemme Remoisturize with B5 & Aloe either in my ayurveda pastes and/or to wash the powders and henna/indigo out of my hair. These conditioners provide wonderful slip when used after all of my ayurveda treatments. I don't cowash with them any other time.

as long as it takes me to detangle, or if I"m just cowashing, as long as it takes to soap up and wash off. I usually dump condi on my head first, then shower, then after I Finish washin the soap off of me, I wash the condi out of my hair.

The cheap conditoners are great for co-washes and pre-poos but not so good for a deep conditioner. I combine VO5 with honey, EVCO or EVOO and let it all sit in my dry hair as a pre-poo for as long as I can (sometimes even overnight if I have protein overload and need extra moisture). My hair has really thrived from pre-pooing.

I love Suave Tropical Coconut - I co-wash with this and mix with Yes to Carrots as a rinsing/detangling - I leave this on for as long as my shower duties call for. My hair is super soft and moisturized. I love YES TO CARROTS.

I leave VO5 in just long enough to detangle.
Now I will leave a little in my hair for styling purposes, but for dc/conditioning...nah.

Back