How long between sew ins?

MaryJane3000

Is one day enough time between sew-ins? Due to several external factors I think I'm going to only have one day between getting my hair taken down and then sewed back in. Is that one day enough time to deep condition and give my scalp time to breathe? My stylist told me as long as I don't do it all the time it's okay and that the next time I'll should wait two weeks. Has anyone experienced any major setbacks with this tho? I know some girls that take it down and install the same day. This is my first sew-in in years and it's only been 7 weeks

ylinspired

I take my sew in down and put it back in the same day, and I have never had a problem. I have done this for a long long time, and my result are nothing but growth.

ms.blue

I use to do that all the time w/o any issue. As long you do your treatments, you should be fine.

FearfullyMade

I've done it before and didn't have a problem. I don't think I'd do it on the regular, just because I like having my hair free, since wearing protective styles for so long.

destine2grow

I have only had 2 sew ins but my sis gets them all the time. Some times she does the back to back and then others she wait at least 2 weeks.

Majestye

I normally wait at least a week to let my scalp rest from the tugging and all between washing and braiding, etc... But that's just my preference.