Relaxer after sew in...

TrulyBlsd85

Ok I need some advice, my last relaxer was Janurary 2012 when my stylist cut my hair into a short pixie cut that i did not like, ever since then I have been wearing sew ins. I want to start wearing my real hair out, so I will be removing this install in about two weeks and I want to get a relaxer. Is it safe to get a relaxer right after removing my sew in (the next day) or should I wait a while?

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I would wait a little bit to let your scalp calm down from all the combing you'll have to do to detangle

LexiDior

Give your hair a few days to rest. if you hair is matted then wash it and wait at least 3 more days. When you take the weave out pay attention to the state of your hair, make sure you detangle so your hair doesnt dread.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i used to do it the same day..... i never had an issue with it. but if your scalp is agitated even a little bit, then wait!

gabulldawg

I just did this. I waited a week because my scalp was still tender. I had been stretching for about 3 months.

Britt

I'd def wait a week and give my hair a good protein and moisturizing treatment before I relax.