How long after a relaxer to wait before swimming?

Ms_Twana

Okay ladies. It's summer time and I need a touch BADLY!!! This kitchen is getting out of control. So how long after a relaxer do you ladies usually wait before getting in the pool??

Bump.

No one else swims and relaxes in the summer?? :look:

I'm not worried about keeping my style after relaxing. I'm worried about the two chemicals mixing (relaxer and chlorine).

I cosign with a week. I also like to enjoy the fresh from the salon look for a little while.
But I've gone as soon as one day after, and nothing has ever happened to my hair. Just make sure that your hair is really well neutralized and washed after the relaxer, and rinse your hair with water before going into the pool. If you smell relaxer when you rinse or if your scalp starts feeling weird, then I wouldn't suggest getting into the pool. If you smell nothing and your scalp feels fine, then go for it.

Thank you @Chaosbutterfly for that response, I have been posting that question as well in various threads for about a month.

My Question: Is it safe to swim in a chlorinated pool 1-2 days after doing a cassia treatment? I just want to make sure having these different chemicals interact with one another so soon won't cause any damage to my hair.

Okay ladies. It's summer time and I need a touch BADLY!!! This kitchen is getting out of control. So how long after a relaxer do you ladies usually wait before getting in the pool??

I've gone the same day without any problems.

My Question: Is it safe to swim in a chlorinated pool 1-2 days after doing a cassia treatment? I just want to make sure having these different chemicals interact with one another so soon won't cause any damage to my hair.

Bumping for a response.

I would wait 5-7 days. I swim just about every single day, but so far I've been putting off getting a relaxer because I don't want to have to wait!

I would wait 5-7 days. I swim just about every single day, but so far I've been putting off getting a relaxer because I don't want to have to wait!

And see, that's kinda where I am right now. I'm putting it off because I don't want to have to wait. But at the same time, my edges look a HAM!! :lol:

Back