How do You....

growingbrown

Smooth your sides or you hair for that matter when airdrying? I have had problems with doing this. I tried gel on my babyhair only to have it sticking up mid part of the day. After I airdry it looks dull and not cure at all. Do you use a combination of products?

BTW, I will be taking out my braids next week and I will be 12weeks post relaxer.

Thank you in advance for your responses

JLove74

I use Elasta QP Mango Butter - that stuff works like a charm, no flaking and keeps my hair moisturized. Then I tie my hair down with a scarf overnight or for a few hours.

KathyMay

I use CD HHB and WGO to smooth my edges when airdrying especially after I take my braids out.

growingbrown said:
Smooth your sides or you hair for that matter when airdrying? I have had problems with doing this. I tried gel on my babyhair only to have it sticking up mid part of the day. After I airdry it looks dull and not cure at all. Do you use a combination of products?

BTW, I will be taking out my braids next week and I will be 12weeks post relaxer.

Thank you in advance for your responses

Angelicus

I stir activator gel and my favorite oil together and apply it to towel-dried hair. I comb my hair towards the back and make a pontail. then i throw a scarf on. I do some housework for 30 minutes and voila! Good luck!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Start out with wet or damp hair, apply a conditioner, and some oil or grease. HTH!

LovelyLionessa

I apply S-Curl and seal with oil and tie my hair down with a scarf to flatten and smooth. I also whip out my toothbrush I have on reserve for hair use only and that helps lay down those edges too. :spank: :grin:

Tee

JLove74 said:
I use Elasta QP Mango Butter - that stuff works like a charm, no flaking and keeps my hair moisturized. Then I tie my hair down with a scarf overnight or for a few hours.

This is the best method for me also. I hate gels with a passion.