How do you take your VITAMINS..

Lebiya

I read somewhere that there was a better and more effective way/time to take your vitamins which will give better results…

How and when do you take your vitamins?

When? (in the morning And evening)

How? (in bunches…or in groups- 2 ultranourishair *wait 3 mins* ..3 amino acids *wait 3mins* …4 xxxx *wait 4 mins* etc.)..Or do you just scarf them down all at once –group after group

Also, do you take your vitamins on an empty stomach or after meals?

…Particularly for those who take multiple vitamins

Hidden_Angel

On a empty stomach, because soon I'm done taking them about 15 mins later im hungry! Also drink water with it and i take them with groups

I try to take mine after meals...and I take em all at once. if there's a vitamin that I take more than once a day, I split them between morning and night...

KiniKakes

I scarf them all down at once, in random groups of 2 or 3. :) No particular time of day, just whenever i remember.

preciousjewel76

I have my vitamins organized for the week in one of those plastic pill containers. I try to split up my doses between breakfast and dinner. I think it helps with absorption. Plus it's just easier not to take them all at once! My regimen:

After Breakfast
1 tsp. MSM flakes (2000 mg) in plain or lemon water
1/2 dose Source of Life liquid multi (1 TBS)
1 calcium+magnesium supplement tablet
3 tablets spirulina

After Dinner
1/2 dose Source of Life liquid multi (1 TBS)
1 calcium+magnesium supplement tablet
3 tablets spirulina
1 biotin capsule (5000 mg)

kally

Breakfast: I take my Iron and Multi

Mid day: I take my evening primrose and Gnc ultra

Lunch: 2 Biotin pills and MSM

Dinner: Flax seed oil, Kelp and Fish oil.

If I take them all at once, I feel like I am going to vomit.

caribeandiva

Human being
i take mine in the morning right before i eat my breakfast. i take zinc (i'm anemic) and Biotin 5000 mcg capsules.

preciousjewel76

e$h said:
Does it actually matter when and how?????

Most vitamins should be taken with food (it usually says that on the label). I split mine for convenience, and because it just makes sense to me that they would be absorbed better if they aren't all taken at once. My multivitamin has high doses of B-vitamins, so I figure that if I take it in 2 doses, my body can absorb it better. It's also just easier for me.

LadyD

e$h said:
Does it actually matter when and how?????

I think so. My biotin (5000) and Ester-C say Do not take with medications. Since I take a blood pressure pill in the morning I take both of these in the evening. My Mom can't take her Vit C in the morning because she also takes iron and the docter said not to give them both to her at the same time. At least wait two hours. There are some antibiotics you are not supposed to take with iron also.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I take mine after breakfast in pairs (2 nioxin and then 2 biotin). That way I get it over with b4 the start of my busy day, if not I could forget.

MzOptimistic

Lebiya said:
I read somewhere that there was a better and more effective way/time to take your vitamins which will give better results…

When? (in the morning And evening)

How? (in bunches…or in groups- 2 ultranourishair *wait 3 mins* ..3 amino acids *wait 3mins* …4 xxxx *wait 4 mins* etc.)..Or do you just scarf them down all at once –group after group

…Particularly for those who take multiple vitamins

I take all my vitamins at night before I go to bed and I take them back to back. The only vitamin I take in the morning is my multi-vitamin. It does not matter if I have eaten or not. I just take them.:) HTH

I take my 2 viviscal's, gulp, 2 nioxin, gulp, 2 bamboo's, gulp, 2 evening prim rose, gulp, 1 biotin, gulp, 1 b50,gulp:) HTH

Anancy

I take 4 different pills a day, all not for hair, i just take them for general health.

I always take them with my meals, not on an empty stomach. I take my iron and cod liver oil pills with breakfast and then i take my iron again in the evening with dinner along with Vit E pill and contraceptive pill. I try to seperate them, i don't want too much going on inside me at the same time.

I make sure i take them with water only. I believe there are better ways of taking your pills which is why i take them with meals and water - no other type of drink. I just don't know what the reasons are, but some vitimins absorb better with a different type of vitimin or fat or protein.

tijay

How and when do you take your vitamins?
Right now I take Nioxxin, Viviscal, FlaxSeed Oil & One-A-Day ~ I always drink at least 1 cup of water when I take them and at least 45-60 oz of water a day...to make sure it gets absorbed
When? I take mine when I eat (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
How? (in bunches…or in groups- 2 ultranourishair *wait 3 mins* ..3 amino acids *wait 3mins* …4 xxxx *wait 4 mins* etc.)
One at a time

Full stomach, in the past taking vits on an empty stomach made me feel bad.

Jay

I take 3 vitamins daily; a multivitamin, B complex, and biotin.
I take the multi sometime in the morning with whatever I drink, and the other 2 with lunch or dinner.

secretrose

wow you ladies take a lot of vitamins. :eek: I couldn't take that many pills. I have a coworker who is a nutritionist and he gives me advice from time to time. He says to split the vitamin intake atleast 6hrs apart or else you are just wasting. So I take I msm pill (1000mg), 1 prenatal vitamin, 2 teaspons of a liquid b vitamin complex mixed in orange juice in the morning and do the same right before bed. since i started this, no mellow yellow for me.

preciousjewel76

secretrose said:
wow you ladies take a lot of vitamins. :eek: I couldn't take that many pills. I have a coworker who is a nutritionist and he gives me advice from time to time. He says to split the vitamin intake atleast 6hrs apart or else you are just wasting. So I take I msm pill (1000mg), 1 prenatal vitamin, 2 teaspons of a liquid b vitamin complex mixed in orange juice in the morning and do the same right before bed. since i started this, no mellow yellow for me.

I only get the "mellow yellow":) in the first tinkle immediately after taking my liquid multi. The rest of the day, my urine is normal. So I guess that means the split dosing works!

Arcadian

My multi's I split up between 3 doses (3 tabs for breakfast lunch and dinner)

I take the msm before breakfast and thats the only time I take it. its such a small amount but does help my allergies lots.

I take the dhea prior to breakfast and with the msm. No reason not to actually:lol: no reason to do it that way but it makes life easy.

I take all my oils with food. I trade off between flax and fish oils (GLA) I learned the hard and unfun way that I had better be doing that. Oils are with either in a protien drink or my heaviest food of the day (usually lunch)

I still get neon pee and I drink a gallon of water. I believe it depends on how much b vitamin you're taking and what you're body decides it wants to use. LEF vitamins are really quite high in B vitamins. Only time my pee hasn't been neon is if I'm not taking the full dose. If I take a full dose..wow.. neon all day!:lol:

-A

sareca

I add MSM, acai, and milk thistle to my Greens+ in the morning. The fish oil I take w/ dinner.

mppaul2

I try to take them in the morning with some yogurt or orange juice. No particular order peference

I found that taking them in the evening or mid afternnon disturbs my sleep patten and I have a terrible time falling off to sleep. It my be the additional B vitimans...I do take the B-50 Complex. So if like today, I forget to take them in the morning, I just wait until the next morning and pick up from there.:)

P

peacefulstrength

mppaul2 said:
I try to take them in the morning with some yogurt or orange juice. No particular order peference

I found that taking them in the evening or mid afternnon disturbs my sleep patten and I have a terrible time falling off to sleep. It my be the additional B vitimans...I do take the B-50 Complex. So if like today, I forget to take them in the morning, I just wait until the next morning and pick up from there.:)

I find it hard to go to sleep too if I take b-vitamins at night I get because it gives you energy.

I usually take my multivitamin and flaxseed oil in the morning. And then I take my nioxin in the afternoon and early evening.

alwayzalady22

i'm like arcadian...neon pee all day! i take 2000 mg MSM and my multi as soon as i wake up in the morning...i just do that since MSM works well with vitamin C, which i have in my multi...around 9 pm, i take my 2000 mcg of biotin, my evening primrose and flaxseed oils, and my birth control...not much other reasoning behind that decision, other than i'd prefer to split up my vitamins so there aren't a million interactions going on at once...

Whimsy

I take my vitamins at night after dinner. I feel it's best if I take them and sleep so they're circulated in my body for a good 7 hours instead of going down the toilet in a couple hours. When I wake up and 'go' my pee isn't as bright yellow as it was when I would take my pills with breakfast.

e$h

tsmith said:
I take all my vitamins at night before I go to bed and I take them back to back. The only vitamin I take in the morning is my multi-vitamin. It does not matter if I have eaten or not. I just take them.:) HTH

I take my 2 viviscal's, gulp, 2 nioxin, gulp, 2 bamboo's, gulp, 2 evening prim rose, gulp, 1 biotin, gulp, 1 b50,gulp:) HTH

:lol: You are too funny. I do exactly what you do. Although I do try to eat before taking them.