How long do you take vitamins

How long do you take your vitamins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Celestial

I have one more month until I finish my Maxi-Hair vitmain. I normally take vitamins for a maximum of three months and I will rest for another three months or so. Beginning in January 2010 I want to a different vitamin and be consistent with it. I'm battling between Formula 50 which is recommended by physicians. It is basically vegetarian and nonvegetarian amino acids with vitamin B6. It is known as the original protein vitamin and physicians has been recommending it for several decades. The other vitamin is Fast Grow by exotic allure. I read a lot of good reviews about them. I don't know which ones I should go with.

How often do you take vitamins and will you switch for your new year resolution?

beans4reezy

I've been taking GNC Ultra Nourishair vitamins for a year now. For the upcoming new year, I will be trying viviscal- only for six months. If I don't see above average results- I'll just stick to good ole Biotin.

loulou82

I'm TRYING to stay consistent for 6 months and then evaluate how much growth I've retained. If I don't like the results I'll make switches. I'm bad with vitamins though. I'll take them consistently for 2-3 months and then fall off then start back up only to fall off again.

ETA: I've never heard of Formula 50 or FastGrow... off to research.

buddhas_mom

I take the gnc womens multivitamin and msm. I've been taking them consisitently for about six months. But I plan to change to a liquid multi instead. My nutritionist gave me interesting information about pill multis versus liquid. When you take a pill you're only using or absorbing 10-20% of the vitamin and with a liquid you absorb 90%. So liquids are more beneficial since it's absorbed directly into the bloodstream. She told me to try it for a week and I'll notice a difference. I'm going to try this and see what happens.

Bun Mistress

I take a lot of vitamins and supplements right now. But I also have a malabsorption issue too. I try to stay consistent. I did notice a difference in my once I started. Puritans pride is great you can get 3 for 1.

Celestial

I'm TRYING to stay consistent for 6 months and then evaluate how much growth I've retained. If I don't like the results I'll make switches. I'm bad with vitamins though. I'll take them consistently for 2-3 months and then fall off then start back up only to fall off again.

ETA: I've never heard of Formula 50 or FastGrow... off to research.

I have the same problem, but beginning in 2010 I'm going to stick to a vitamin regimen and go farther than three months.

Celestial

I take the gnc womens multivitamin and msm. I've been taking them consisitently for about six months. But I plan to change to a liquid multi instead. My nutritionist gave me interesting information about pill multis versus liquid. When you take a pill you're only using or absorbing 10-20% of the vitamin and with a liquid you absorb 90%. So liquids are more beneficial since it's absorbed directly into the bloodstream. She told me to try it for a week and I'll notice a difference. I'm going to try this and see what happens.

Liquid and powdered vitamins are more pricey and they normally don't contain the ingredients hair vitamins have.

Celestial

I've been taking GNC Ultra Nourishair vitamins for a year now. For the upcoming new year, I will be trying viviscal- only for six months. If I don't see above average results- I'll just stick to good ole Biotin.

Have GNC Ultra Nourishair give you any health or growth. If so, how long did it take for you to see results.

baddison

natural for good
Liquid and powdered vitamins are more pricey and they normally don't contain the ingredients hair vitamins have.

Yes, they tend to be a tad bit more expensive. But you can certainly find one that contains comparable, if not better, the vitamin content of hair vitamins. I have gone back to taking my daily liquid nutraceutal: VIBE-2.0 http://shop.enivausa.com/139240/en-us/static/vibe_1.aspx

Check out the supplement list of the Vibe-2.0 !! It even has some biotin. I can supplement with more if I choose. :yep: And....it tastes great!! LOL!!

Anna9764

I take them on and off, I will take a couple bottles take a break try another or it may be discontinued (Rexall at wal-mart) haven't taken any hair vitamins in a couple months now, this is a reminder for me. I do however take a multi vitamin, vit C, flaxseed and fish oil regularly.

Ann816

I've tried Fast Grow by Exotic Allure. I didn't notice any difference re growth or thickness. But it may work for you since of course everyone is different.

I have one more month until I finish my Maxi-Hair vitmain. I normally take vitamins for a maximum of three months and I will rest for another three months or so. Beginning in January 2010 I want to a different vitamin and be consistent with it. I'm battling between Formula 50 which is recommended by physicians. It is basically vegetarian and nonvegetarian amino acids with vitamin B6. It is known as the original protein vitamin and physicians has been recommending it for several decades. The other vitamin is Fast Grow by exotic allure. I read a lot of good reviews about them. I don't know which ones I should go with.

How often do you take vitamins and will you switch for your new year resolution?

n_vizion

I'm kinda in a place where my vitamin regimen is to support both my health and hair so I tend to stick with it all year. Healthy hair is a by-product so I try to stick with my vitamin regimen as much as possible.

Celestial

I take them on and off, I will take a couple bottles take a break try another or it may be discontinued (Rexall at wal-mart) haven't taken any hair vitamins in a couple months now, this is a reminder for me. I do however take a multi vitamin, vit C, flaxseed and fish oil regularly.

I'm in the same boat as you. I take vitamins for about 2-3 months and stop. I then would try a different brand if I decide to start a vitamin regimen. One of my new year's resolution is to be consistent with a vitamin.

Celestial

I've tried Fast Grow by Exotic Allure. I didn't notice any difference re growth or thickness. But it may work for you since of course everyone is different.

I know another girl who tried it and she told me the same thing that it didn't work for her. People say don't believe the reviews of a lot of hair products because people lie and many of them never tried the product before but leave reviews. I probably will try the Formula 50 since its recommended by physicians. I don't see why young people can't take them.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
If you mean hair vitamins, I take them for three months, then skip a month, then take them for another three months. Other vitamins I take all the time.

BoaterGirlKim

I used to take 1 multivitamin a day for years and then stopped for a period of 2 years. My hair has suffered for abandoning that simple regimen, and I could really tell the difference when I look at old pics of myself. I'm recommitted to supplementing my nutrition now and will be a lifelong vitamin taker, even if it's just 1 multi a day at a basic minimum.

ycammyy

I have always taken vitamins. I use phyto-vitamins they are kind of exspensive $50 a bottle but they last for two months.(found at Sephora) I take biotin, flaxseed, iron, and evening primrose. The combo is even making my nails grow strong and hard.

Nonie

I take supplements daily not just for hair but for whole body health. I have no plans of stopping.

sqzbly1908

Celestial ....If I may ask..why are u stopping the Maxi Hair? I have been using it since the end of December and getting great results...

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I have to start being more consistent with my vita reggie, I usually take them for 6mos out of the year and then stop for 6mos, no reason other then being pure lazy. The reggie I'm on now I'll be finish with by the end of the year. I've being doing research on some vits and mineral for over all health and I will definately be more consistent with thoughs. In the new year.

Celestial

Celestial ....If I may ask..why are u stopping the Maxi Hair? I have been using it since the end of December and getting great results...

I used Maxi Hair for three months. I got results with health. It made my hair shiny and soft. It kind of kept it moisturize but it didn't make my hair grow. It also gave me bad yeast infections, but I just have a habit of resting from vitamins. I'm not going to take any vitamins until January 2010. I don't want to stay with Maxi Hair because of the terrible yeast infections I got. I think the vitamin B complex is too high for my body.

What kind of results are you getting. I'm interested in hair growth. If you got hair growth, how long did it take you to see results?