How do you secure the ends of Kinky Dreds?

kweenameena

This weekend I decided to put in my own Kinky Dreds. I put my hair in box braids with extensions (using kanekalon hair) and then I wrapped each braid (with the marley "kinky twist" hair) so that it would look like a dredloc. But how are they normally secured at the end? How do braiders normally secure the silky dreds? I don't want to burn them. I dipped one in hot water but the end unraveled.
All of you braiders out there....please help.:spinning:

ksk_xs

Depending on the thickness some ppl just braid the very tip, you really can't tell that its braided.

kweenameena

Depending on the thickness some ppl just braid the very tip, you really can't tell that its braided.
Thanks. That's how I have it now but I'm afraid the wrapped hair will loosen from around the braid.
I still have a couple more braids to wrap tonight so I wore it in a bun today.

LongHairDreams

This weekend I decided to put in my own Kinky Dreds. I put my hair in box braids with extensions (using kanekalon hair) and then I wrapped each braid (with the marley "kinky twist" hair) so that it would look like a dredloc. But how are they normally secured at the end? How do braiders normally secure the silky dreds? I don't want to burn them. I dipped one in hot water but the end unraveled.
All of you braiders out there....please help.:spinning:

You got any pics? I wanna see :grin: