HOW DO YOU S-CURL??

gabulldawg

Hey, I have seen a lot of people talking about using S-curl during their relaxer stretches in order to "tame" their new growth. I'm assuming that you are talking about the spray moisturizer. How you most people use it and how much do you use? Do you part your hair and spray down each part? Do you just spray over the top of your head? I'm currently about 2 months post wanting to make to at least 3 months and currently my new growth is a little WiLd, so I need some help! I'm thinking about goin to wal-mart after work to pick up a bottle of s-curl and I would like to know how to use it. Thanks!

I use S-curl as a moisturizer and to tame my new growth. I spray it on my new growth and proceed to put my hair in a bun or pony tail.:grin:

I use S-curl as a moisturizer and to tame my new growth. I spray it on my new growth and proceed to put my hair in a bun or pony tail.:grin:

Thanks klb! Do you part your hair and spray down the part to ensure that you get all the ng or something else?

I use S-Curl as an ingredient in my daily spritz which I use to moisturize and soften my hair.

Sometimes I will spray my hair very heavily and put a conditioning cap on my head or on my ends and baggy my hair for the day, then about2-3 hours before bedtime I take the bag off and let my hair air dry so it is very lightly damp before sleeping.

Thanks klb! Do you part your hair and spray down the part to ensure that you get all the ng or something else?

In an ideal world, I'd part and spray but my hair and ng too thick for that. I just spray it on the top and the front, sides and back, smooth down or sometimes wear a satin scarf overnight or just for an hour to make the ng go flat, then I loose braid and pin it up or bun.

For some reason, my hair doesn't particularly like s-curl. I've been adding it to my leave-in bottle along with some aloe vera gel in order to use it up. This seems to be working very well, but I'm not sure that I'll buy any more.

Lately I've been sectioning my hair, spraying some in my hand, and working it into my hair with my fingers. Because I'll use it days in a row, I just apply a little and let it build up rather than saturating my hair.

However, there are those days when my hair is feeling out of sorts and shedding and I just go crazy with it until it's all better! :lol:

I use the spray and the gel with kanekalon braids every 3 days, keeps my hair moist. Last texlaxing May 19, trying to strech until November 19.

Thanks for all the great info! I actually used it last nite. I tried my best to part and spray on my ng. That was ROUGH. But when I was dont I could actually comb thru my hair better than I could before I sprayed it. My hair is a MESS!! I'm tryin to stretch 3 months (currently at around 2) and my ng has never been so thick! I'm really tempted to relax before my time!! I just need to learn how to tame this though...

Thanks for all the great info! I actually used it last nite. I tried my best to part and spray on my ng. That was ROUGH. But when I was dont I could actually comb thru my hair better than I could before I sprayed it. My hair is a MESS!! I'm tryin to stretch 3 months (currently at around 2) and my ng has never been so thick! I'm really tempted to relax before my time!! I just need to learn how to tame this though...

I know I'm late but usally fingerpart my hair (because my newgrowth can be very thick) and spray the roots then massage it in with my fingers. A little bit goes a long way.

Back