S-Curl

Jewell

Hello, all! I have heard so much about S-Curl and how it keeps the new-growth moist and manageable. I would like to try it, but I have a few questions first.

1.Do you spray it on roots only or throughout hair?
2.Is it hard to rinse out? Do I have to shampoo it out, or are my daily CO
washes enough?
3.Is it best on wet or dry hair?
4.Is the blue and white S-Curl, or grey and blue better, or does it depend on hair texture? (I have a med-tight S-pattern)

Thanks in advance for all the responses and tips! I'm hoping that it will define my waves better and keep my new growth moist, in combo with my use of a cream leave-in.

Jewell, S-curl is a staple as far as I'm concerned. One of the first new products I tried when I came to LHCF and one of the few that I try to buy in bulk.

I think you would focus on your roots but if you're wearing a wavy look, all over would be okay.
washes enough?
I CO wash daily too and have no problems with rinsing it out.
Either way I think is fine.
4.Is the blue and white S-Curl, or grey and blue better, or does it depend on hair texture? (I have a med-tight S-pattern)
I use the blue and white bottle (activator/moisturizer)

Jewell said:
Hello, all! I have heard so much about S-Curl and how it keeps the new-growth moist and manageable. I would like to try it, but I have a few questions first.

washes enough?

Thanks in advance for all the responses and tips! I'm hoping that it will define my waves better and keep my new growth moist, in combo with my use of a cream leave-in.

I just viewed your album. Very nice hair! :up: Good length and shine!

I recently started using during my last stretch. I tried applying it to my length I didn't like the feel of the glycerine, it felt like slime. Then I let it sit under my sink. I decided to pull it out and try it on my roots and it works like a dream softening the newgrowth! :yep:

Not a problem washing out.

Wet or dry is perfectly fine, IMO.

I use the No drip formula. I can't tell you about the other kinds.

However, I am curious about the Sta-So-Fro. :scratchch: But, one thing at a time ;) '
hth-

~op~

Senimoni, I thought I heard someone say there were two kinds, but I could be wrong! :confused: Thank you all for your responses! Thanks for the compliments on my album! I will head to K-mart tonight before I go to church to pick some up. I've also heard Sta-Sof-Fro was good. I'm going to try the S-Curl, though!

onepraying said:

I just viewed your album. Very nice hair! :up: Good length and shine!

I recently started using during my last stretch. I tried applying it to my length I didn't like the feel of the glycerine, it felt like slime. Then I let it sit under my sink. I decided to pull it out and try it on my roots and it works like a dream softening the newgrowth! :yep:

Not a problem washing out.

Wet or dry is perfectly fine, IMO.

I use the No drip formula. I can't tell you about the other kinds.

However, I am curious about the Sta-So-Fro. :scratchch: But, one thing at a time ;) '
hth-

~op~

Thank you! I try... ;)

I use S-Curl on the length of my hair. It does do a good job at softening up new-growth but it makes my scalp itch something fierce! I use Sta-Sof-Fro more often.

1.Do you spray it on roots only or throughout hair? BOTH! :grin:

2.Is it hard to rinse out? No. Do I have to shampoo it out, or are my daily CO
washes enough? You can use shampoo or do a conditoner wash! ;)

3.Is it best on wet or dry hair? For me, it does well when my hair is wet, damp, AND dry! :yep:

4.Is the blue and white S-Curl, or grey and blue better, or does it depend on hair texture? (I have a med-tight S-pattern) I use Luster's S-Curl No Drip Activator and Moisturizer in the white & blue bottle. My hair texture is fine and grows in coarse tiny spirally coils.

*Just to let you know, I'm transitioning to natural and my main style is braidouts. So I use S-Curl almost everyday for moisture.
It's also great for buns. If I want to wear my hair down straight, I'll only use S-Curl on my ends to roll them up with rollers at night but I never use it on dry straight hair. Besides that, it's an EXCELLENT product. Hope that helps! :up:

I spray it in my hand and apply it like a hairdressing.

washes enough?

It really depends what you use in addition with this. If you use Fantasia gel with S-Curl, yeah it is a pain to wash out but not impossible. Just wet your hair very well and rinse very thoroughly.

It is a matter of preference.

Again that is a preference since some people like the smell better in the blue/grey bottle than the white/blue bottle. Good luck.

Thanks for all the help! I went to K-mart last night and bought the S-Curl "No Drip" in the blue and white bottle, although they had the S-Curl activator gel, pomade, and the grey and blue texturizer spray. I used it this morning after my cream leave-in, and I like it. Its a keeper!

Back