How do you know...

kytrona

...whether a shampoo is working well for you or not, since you always follow it up with a conditioner? what i mean is, it could be the conditioner giving the good results, or maybe the combination? i started using dove intense moisture shampoo and pantene r&n conditioner, and now that they're both running out, i don't know whether to get the dove conditioner or the r&n shampoo...

karezone

I shampoo rinse and then feel the hair. If it feels rough or dry then the shampoo is not a keeper. After I condition I do the same thing except I check for all of that plus slip. Trust me you will know when the shampoo or conditioner stops working. I have hair that becomes immune to conditioners and sometimes shampoos after a few uses so, I am constantly rotating both.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I agree with Karezone. Shampoo that doesn't agree with my hair leaves it rough, dry, and super-tangled. Or I have an allergic reaction by getting a really itchy scalp. Or the shampoo leaves my hair feeling coated because I wonder how easily the conditioner will be able to penetrate afterwards.

kytrona

oh ok, i guess the dove shampoo isn't so bad then...
i'll try the r&n shampoo and see what happens. anyone had super results with it by any chance?

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
I shampoo rinse and then feel the hair. If it feels rough or dry then the shampoo is not a keeper. After I condition I do the same thing except I check for all of that plus slip. Trust me you will know when the shampoo or conditioner stops working. I have hair that becomes immune to conditioners and sometimes shampoos after a few uses so, I am constantly rotating both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you karezone and that's what I do also after I wash and condition. I thought I was the only one that had to switch shampoos and conditioners because my hair becomes immune after a while.

JaneiR36

Looks like Dove shampoo is doing right by you! It seems to work either really well or really badly for most people. I've since stopped routinely following up my washing with conditioner since I've been using that Dove (I use lots of moisturizer though). It leaves my hair already detangled, so I don't always see the need for conditioner unless it's protein for strength. Washing in three sections and holding each section with duckbill clips before and after the washing also helps keep the tangles away, though.

oh, PS: I've used Dove intensive moisture conditioner and it didn't do that much in terms of moisturizing my hair. Slip, maybe okay (but I wouldn't know since I don't always need slip). But moisture, not remarkable.

kytrona

Thanks JaneiR36...I like the fragrance a lot, and it seems to do an okay job...my hair is not long enough for me to have major tangles, so I wouldn't know how it works in terms of detangling. The reason I wanted to switch is I kinda like to use the same brands for both shampoo and conditioner, plus I read somewhere that you get better results that way...