How do other naturals deal with....

Rikku

Shrinkage?? ;__;

I swear thats like my biggest issue...it starts shrinking while I am still washing honestly..lol my hair is at my shoulders when pulled out a bit with the blow dryer....but with the shrinkage after washing it looks like a tiny tiny afro, and that would be fine if it weren't horrible to try to comb through it and detangle :(

I've have natural hair most of my life but never really thought of it as anything to deal with actually, lol. I just don't like the relaxed look on me :/ but this shrinkage makes me pull out soo much of my hair :(

How do you naturals do it??? I really really want to stay natural. ^^

I liked my shrinkage when my hair was shorter. Now that it's longer it can look a bit lopsided. However, when I wore my hair out the other evening I realised sadly that unless I wore heat wearing my hair out was a no-no. Back to protective styling where shrinakge is not a big issue unless I am wearing twists which I rarely do (too many tangles).

Best,
Almond Eyes

I liked my shrinkage when my hair was shorter. Now that it's longer it can look a bit lopsided. However, when I wore my hair out the other evening I realised sadly that unless I wore heat wearing my hair out was a no-no. Back to protective styling where shrinakge is not a big issue unless I am wearing twists which I rarely do (too many tangles).

Best,
Almond Eyes

Well I'm okay with the shrinkage, but I wear braids(with extensions) so its really hard for my mom (atleast she says it is) to braid my hair when its not "pulled out" with heat :(

Do all braiders need hair to be 'pulled out' to braid it properly? ;__; I really like the way my mom braids :/
The shrinkage wouldn't matter to me if I wore my natural hair out more often but I like my braids >_<

Back