How do I stop wanting/craving a relationship and just trust God?

Kiadodie

I have prayed about it a thousand times but I can't seem to stop looking for the right person or anticipating I meet a great guy. Then I meet guys and get disappointed cause yet again..they're not the right one for several different reasons.

I don't want to give up hope..yet, I want to stop the "search" and be ok with being single although I dislike it so much on so many different levels. Yes, I'm happy w/ my like and myself but I want to share that with someone else. I can I STOP craving that cause it seems like torture :perplexed .

I've asked God what I wanted and I've asked God to put peace in my heart about it cause I'm just being disappointed again and again w/ the men I meet.

tmichelle

Oh, I know how it is to be in the waiting room. I have been waiting on a child and I think it is very similar. My waiting has been the most difficult experience of my life. I have had to learn to re-represent what I look at and what "seems" good for me. At one point this spring, I was so war weary over the battle of my mind that I asked the elders of my congregation to come to my house and pray over me and anoint me with oil. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to God for the spiritual healing that took place that evening. I had the best summer I could remember and although I still have times where I slip up and look more to my idol (a child) than God, He is faithful and helps me to return to him.

God is indeed faithful. If He sees that you do want to put Him first and be content with Him, but you are struggling to do so, He will help you to prize Him first.

Many blessings

tatje

I do not know the answer to your question completely but what I can say is to completely leave it in God's hands. He knows what you want and you ask it from him all the time. As long as you have faith, whatever you ask for, you shall receive. I am a strong believer in that. I am also a strong believer in letting things happen on God's time and not your own. Maybe you should try forgetting about it for a minute and putting your focus on something else. God may feel that the timing is not right for you or that if someone comes in your life right now, you maybe too involved with him and lose focus of what is most important (God)....who knows, I don't know. If you focus so hard in trying to find someone......I wouldn't want you to miss out on the little joys of life or the ability of just living to pass you by.

I know its hard because I ask God for the same thing you do, but I also understand it is what he wants when he wants it .....and I am willing to deal with that because he is who I love first. I just know that it will happen because I asked and I just leave it at that.......knowing my king will come one day.

I hope that helps you.

Kiadodie

tatje said:
I do not know the answer to your question completely but what I can say is to completely leave it in God's hands. He knows what you want and you ask it from him all the time. As long as you have faith, whatever you ask for, you shall receive. I am a strong believer in that. I am also a strong believer in letting things happen on God's time and not your own. Maybe you should try forgetting about it for a minute and putting your focus on something else. God may feel that the timing is not right for you or that if someone comes in your life right now, you maybe too involved with him and lose focus of what is most important (God)....who knows, I don't know. If you focus so hard in trying to find someone......I wouldn't want you to miss out on the little joys of life or the ability of just living to pass you by.

I know its hard because I ask God for the same thing you do, but I also understand it is what he wants when he wants it .....and I am willing to deal with that because he is who I love first. I just know that it will happen because I asked and I just leave it at that.......knowing my king will come one day.

I hope that helps you.

Thank you so much :) . Yes, it does help. I just want to STOP thinking, craving and wanting it. It's hard cause it's my desire, you know?
I want to just leave it to God and LET IT GO..but it's so hard.
It's like every guy I meet, I hope big time that he is the "one" and get so disappointed when he isn't :( . I want to stop wanting it so bad and just live life being content in the state that I'm in.

cocoberry10

I just posted a spinoff thread to your thread. This is not necessarily the answer. As many stated above, I believe you must give it to God and believe. But in short, I'll say I think during this time of singleness, you should be working on being greater as a person. Greater in God, in whatever things you want to do, etc.

Here is the thread.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114645