I wonder a lot if God exists

I have to be honest, and say that. I know there are a lot of people who have strong faith and who feelthat they pray and god answers, but I personally don't see a lot of evidence of that in my own life. I would be lying if I said that I did.

I haven't been to church in years. When I did go, there was not really anything that drew me in. For a while, I even went to bible study, but I still never really felt anything.

I have prayed a lot. I prayed most recently for something that didn't materialize. At one point, I even prayed for god to give me a sign that he *was* listening and he was there. That was about last week, and I have not gotten any "signs".

I don't feel like god "talks to me", like I've heard some people say, or like I have a relationship with god or like when I do pray, he is even listening. That is really starting to make me question if he really exists. I don'[ want to question it, but again it is like I feel empty and alone when the subject of spirituality is brought up.

And as far as praying and asking for signs. I pryaed for something recently, and didnt get it. I can look at that and say maybe god didn't give it to me b/c he wants something better, has other plans, etc. But if that is the case, he can give me what he *does* want. But there is nothing. Also as far as signs b/c I know someone is going to reply saying maybe he gave you a sign but you didn't notice it. First off, there has been nothing close to the sign that I asked. A coworker pulled me aside the other day and was talking about the type of person I am, my high value, etc etc--and into the conversation I thought maybe this is going to be the sign b/c this woman likes to talk religion and stuff, and she didn't mention god or religion ONCE in the conversation! So, that wasn't the sign. I just don't know....

I'm sorry that you are going through a storm with your faith. Unfortunately, the existence of God cannot be proven or disproved. The Bible even says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'” (John 20:29).

That does not mean, however, that there is not evidence of God’s existence. The Bible declares, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” (Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset – all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, “…He has also set eternity in the hearts of men…” There is something deep down in our beings that recognizes that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and through us is still there. Despite all of this, the Bible warns us that some will still deny God’s existence, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’” (Psalm 14:1). Since over 98% of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God – there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

In addition to the Biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument basically uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “that than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist then God would not be the greatest conceivable being - but that would contradict God's very definition. A second is the teleological argument. The teleological argument is that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a Divine designer. For example, if earth were even a few hundred miles closer or further away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 10 followed by 243 0’s). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” something is God. A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?

Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and instead believe a lie. Romans 1:25 declares, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.” The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God, “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).

People claim to not believe in God because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once people admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from God (Romans 3:23; 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable for our actions to Him. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. I believe that is why evolution is so strongly clung to by many in our society - to give people an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

If you need something more tangible to sink your mind into, there is a book called "Mere Christianity" that you may want to pick up if you enjoy reading. It is written by C.S. Lewis who for many years was a self-proclaimed atheist. After really studying the world around him and the Bible, he came to the conclusion that there must be a God and he really breaks it down why in his book.

You may have heard of him as he is the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, the most famous of which is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. That movie is a parody of the crucifixion and the returning of Christ in the character Aslan.

The book is not long and it is well worth reading for anyone who is doubting their faith. Most religiouos leaders do not even attempt to give a logical reason or thought out reason for why God exists. They want you to rely only on faith. This is difficult for a person who has an analytical of scientific mind so I hope it assists you. It helped me at one point.

http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?isbn=0060652926

This is the book, you can also find it at most christian bookstores. In fact, it is usually on back order because it's so popular. You may also find it at the library.

If all else fails, I'd be happy to send you a copy if you have an address you'd be comfortable with me sending it to.

Keep your head up, read the book, and keep praying. :yep:

I suggest you pick up a copy of the DVd "The Case For A Creator." This may help you with some of these issues.

On the other hand, and please don't take this too harshly, but God is not your personal genie. The people of Jeruselem wanted a sign too. They wanted Jesus to do something magical to prove He was the Son Of God.

Seeking a Sign

29 And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, “This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet.[f] 30 For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation. 31 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here. 32 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

But it's not about God being at your beck and call doing what you want him too. It's about your yeilding yourself first. Obedience is better than sacrfice. What I mean by that is going to church a reading a couple Bible verses and throwing God up a little prayer once in a while is not how you get his attention. The disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray:

The Model Prayer

1 Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”
2 So He said to them, “When you pray, say:

Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.” [c]

The italisized passages are from Luke.) In any event, God has already given us a "sign" of His existance. Your very conscience lets you know He exsists. The complexity of a single strand of DNA shows that it's too perfectly formed to have happened at random. In any event, check out that DVD "The Case For The Creator" which shows scientific evidence of the existance of a Designer: http://www.leestrobel.com/CFCreator.htm I wish you much success on your search. Take heart that if you earnestly seek Him, He will make Himself known to you.

Looks like our Spirit's are bearing witness to each other Adequate:grin:

Indeed! Your words are edifying.

Without being critical because I don't want to come across like that at all and God would surely frown his cosmic frown at me if I tried to discourage one of his children but, I have always found it interesting that so much attention is given to this debate. I mean I understand it but the latest surveys tell us that over 90% of people in the world today believe in the existence of God or some higher power. Yet, somehow the responsibility is placed on those who believe God does exist to somehow prove that He really does exist. To me, I think it should be the other way around.

I feel this way more towards die-hard atheists who challenge my beliefs than towards people like the OP who are just searching for understanding. My heart truly does go out to her.

I think I'll watch that movie too by the way. I may just walk across the street to the christian bookstore and pick it up today. :yep:

Ever wonder why even people who are atheists cry out "oh God" in times of personal crisis? Some people think it's a coincidence but I don't. I think their souls are acknowledging what their minds will not. :look:

Last edited:
Ever wonder why even people who are atheists cry out "oh God" in times of personal crisis. Some people think it's a coincidence but I don't. I think their souls are acknowledging what their minds will now. :look:

Agreed I read somewhere that from birth, God planted the seed in us that he exist.

[And as far as praying and asking for signs. I pryaed for something recently, and didnt get it. I can look at that and say maybe god didn't give it to me b/c he wants something better, has other plans, etc. But if that is the case, he can give me what he *does* want. But there is nothing. Also as far as signs b/c I know someone is going to reply saying maybe he gave you a sign but you didn't notice it. First off, there has been nothing close to the sign that I asked. A coworker pulled me aside the other day and was talking about the type of person I am, my high value, etc etc--and into the conversation I thought maybe this is going to be the sign b/c this woman likes to talk religion and stuff, and she didn't mention god or religion ONCE in the conversation! So, that wasn't the sign. I just don't know....[/quote]

After reading your post the bold part stuck out to me. And you've bottle God up into a religion but it's about a relationship. God looks at our hearts and our motives.

Q. Are you earnestly seeking God for a relationship or do you want him to answer a prayer just so you can continue to go about your life excluding him?

Q. If God showed up in a sign would you believe and sell out to him and live this christian life?

Q. Are you giving up because he didn't give you what you want?

You don't have to answer these answers here but do answer them in your heart. Be honest with yourself.

But the fact that you woke up in your right mind -shows that God exist.
THe fact that the blood runs through your veins and your heart does not skip a beat-Shows that God exist.

The fact that he allowed you to to find a site that you can ask this question and then have some of your sisters pour into you -Shows that there is a God.

He's answering you but it's not the way you think he should answer you. Take the limits off God and allow him to be God in your life however he wants to. Maybe he does not want to give you a sign, maybe he's asking you to trust him and take him at his word.

See God knows you better than anyone and he knows if he start giving you a sign at this stage in your faith he will continue to have to show you signs for you to believe and God will not cripple you like that.

Whether he never shows you a sign, fix it in your heart that Lord I believe and stand on it even when it seems like he's not there.

Oh he's real and you must believe that and stand on it when life and circumstances want to say otherwise.

((((HUGS))))

This is a great thread.

Although I do believe that God can give us "signs" (He's doing it all the time), we have to get to a point in which we trust in him completely and truly open up ourselves to his goodness.

This can be a struggle for me at times, but I think I'm finally getting there. :)

[And as far as praying and asking for signs. I pryaed for something recently, and didnt get it. I can look at that and say maybe god didn't give it to me b/c he wants something better, has other plans, etc. But if that is the case, he can give me what he *does* want. But there is nothing. Also as far as signs b/c I know someone is going to reply saying maybe he gave you a sign but you didn't notice it. First off, there has been nothing close to the sign that I asked. A coworker pulled me aside the other day and was talking about the type of person I am, my high value, etc etc--and into the conversation I thought maybe this is going to be the sign b/c this woman likes to talk religion and stuff, and she didn't mention god or religion ONCE in the conversation! So, that wasn't the sign. I just don't know....

After reading your post the bold part stuck out to me. And you've bottle God up into a religion but it's about a relationship. God looks at our hearts and our motives.

Q. Are you earnestly seeking God for a relationship or do you want him to answer a prayer just so you can continue to go about your life excluding him?

Q. If God showed up in a sign would you believe and sell out to him and live this christian life?

Q. Are you giving up because he didn't give you what you want?

You don't have to answer these answers here but do answer them in your heart. Be honest with yourself.

But the fact that you woke up in your right mind -shows that God exist.
THe fact that the blood runs through your veins and your heart does not skip a beat-Shows that God exist.

The fact that he allowed you to to find a site that you can ask this question and then have some of your sisters pour into you -Shows that there is a God.

He's answering you but it's not the way you think he should answer you. Take the limits off God and allow him to be God in your life however he wants to. Maybe he does not want to give you a sign, maybe he's asking you to trust him and take him at his word.

See God knows you better than anyone and he knows if he start giving you a sign at this stage in your faith he will continue to have to show you signs for you to believe and God will not cripple you like that.

Whether he never shows you a sign, fix it in your heart that Lord I believe and stand on it even when it seems like he's not there.

Oh he's real and you must believe that and stand on it when life and circumstances want to say otherwise.

((((HUGS))))

Girl, great response!!! I agree, God is not going to give you a sign because then everytime your faith is lacking He'd have to give you a sign to "prove" He exists. That's just not how He operates.

OP - I think what would be helpful is for you to start being grateful for the little things as that will help you to see Him in your everyday life. That in turn will help you to build a relationship with Him. Having the activity of your limbs, your right mind, a roof over your head, a car (if you have one), food to eat, your family circle not being broken, etc. are all miracles God performs everyday. You could have not woke up this morning but...He allowed it to be so. That in itself is enough to make me rejoice. But not just that, putting aside all of the above. I thank Him for just being God, just existing so that I will have a better life.

God is all around you and it's SO great you started this thread and recognize that you question whether or not He exists. That means something is stirring inside of you to find out if that's the case. I'll be praying for you!!

Last edited:
I always look around at my surroundings:

Flowers, trees, grass...just knowing that this huge globe called "Earth" is on a certain angle and nothing is holding it up, but God, and that if the angle would just move/change by the smallest meter, our lives would totally be changed....that just let's me know that there is a God who is Supreme and has our lives in His precious Hands! Of course there are so many things that we can come up with to let someone know that God is very real and a very present help in time of need.

Girl, great response!!! I agree, God is not going to give you a sign because then everytime your faith is lacking He'd have to give you a sign to "prove" He exists. That's just not how He operates.

OP - I think what would be helpful is for you to start being grateful for the little things as that will help you to see Him in your everyday life. That in turn will help you to build a relationship with Him. Having the activity of your limbs, your right mind, a roof over your head, a car (if you have one), food to eat, your family circle not being broken, etc. are all miracles God performs everyday. You could have not woke up this morning but...He allowed it to be so. That in itself is enough to make me rejoice. But not just that, putting aside all of the above. I thank Him for just being God, just existing so that I will have a better life.

God is all around you and it's SO great you started this thread and recognize that you question whether or not He exists. That means something is stirring inside of you to find out if that's the case. I'll be praying for you!!

If I have learned anything this summer, it's the part in bold. But the rest applies too.

I have also noticed that when I am working more on my overall relationship with Him and being grateful for everything, I get all of the "signs" I need... I don't even have to ask!

I love how the one poster said that we shouldn't look at God as a personal genie. He definitely answers our prayers and requests -- even if the answer is no -- but he's not just going to go "poof" and put the answer right in our face whenever we ask for it. It's all about faith and trust and just believing... then we'll get everything we need!

I'm sorry that you are going through a storm with your faith. Unfortunately, the existence of God cannot be proven or disproved. The Bible even says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'” (John 20:29).

That does not mean, however, that there is not evidence of God’s existence. The Bible declares, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” (Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset – all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, “…He has also set eternity in the hearts of men…” There is something deep down in our beings that recognizes that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and through us is still there. Despite all of this, the Bible warns us that some will still deny God’s existence, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’” (Psalm 14:1). Since over 98% of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God – there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

In addition to the Biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument basically uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “that than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist then God would not be the greatest conceivable being - but that would contradict God's very definition. A second is the teleological argument. The teleological argument is that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a Divine designer. For example, if earth were even a few hundred miles closer or further away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 10 followed by 243 0’s). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” something is God. A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?

Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and instead believe a lie. Romans 1:25 declares, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.” The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God, “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).

People claim to not believe in God because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once people admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from God (Romans 3:23; 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable for our actions to Him. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. I believe that is why evolution is so strongly clung to by many in our society - to give people an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

If you need something more tangible to sink your mind into, there is a book called "Mere Christianity" that you may want to pick up if you enjoy reading. It is written by C.S. Lewis who for many years was a self-proclaimed atheist. After really studying the world around him and the Bible, he came to the conclusion that there must be a God and he really breaks it down why in his book.

You may have heard of him as he is the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, the most famous of which is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. That movie is a parody of the crucifixion and the returning of Christ in the character Aslan.

The book is not long and it is well worth reading for anyone who is doubting their faith. Most religiouos leaders do not even attempt to give a logical reason or thought out reason for why God exists. They want you to rely only on faith. This is difficult for a person who has an analytical of scientific mind so I hope it assists you. It helped me at one point.

http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?isbn=0060652926

This is the book, you can also find it at most christian bookstores. In fact, it is usually on back order because it's so popular. You may also find it at the library.

If all else fails, I'd be happy to send you a copy if you have an address you'd be comfortable with me sending it to.

Keep your head up, read the book, and keep praying. :yep:

Great response...I hope this helped you. I wish you many blessings and pray God will reveal Himself to you...just remember to seek His face, and not just His hand...Relationship with the Father is totally awesome...I sold out to Christ earlier this year and I wouldnt exchange it for anything. I've always believed but this year I have developed that relationship. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I want to thank all of you ladies for your very thorough responses. I just wanted to let you know I'm going through all of them and reading the responses carefully and I will reply, but I wanted to hurry up and post a response to let you know I appreciate the time and thorough effort that you all have taken :yep:

Thanks anatomically for starting this thread. And thanks to all the sistas who responded. You have no idea how many Christian viewers you are helping who may be going through this same storm (I'm one of them).....God is really using yall to speak that message boldly and unmistakably! I'm gonna go check out the materials that some of you referenced. Bless you :kiss:

There have been so many wonderful posts already. What a wonderful group of wise women! There is not much more to add to what has been said, but I want you to know that I said a prayer for God to help you. I think we have all gone through these crises of faith, and they can be very dark times indeed. However, even when you can't see or feel Him, He is there. You woke up this morning, clothed in your right mind. You went about your day safely. You have health and strength in your bones. Surely, creation itself is a testimony of the living God. It takes faith first, and we have all been given a measure of faith. I pray God will encourage your heart and your faith. He has not, and He will not leave you or forsake you. Be of good courage.

I have to be honest, and say that. I know there are a lot of people who have strong faith and who feelthat they pray and god answers, but I personally don't see a lot of evidence of that in my own life. I would be lying if I said that I did.

I haven't been to church in years. When I did go, there was not really anything that drew me in. For a while, I even went to bible study, but I still never really felt anything.

I have prayed a lot. I prayed most recently for something that didn't materialize. At one point, I even prayed for god to give me a sign that he *was* listening and he was there. That was about last week, and I have not gotten any "signs".

I don't feel like god "talks to me", like I've heard some people say, or like I have a relationship with god or like when I do pray, he is even listening. That is really starting to make me question if he really exists. I don'[ want to question it, but again it is like I feel empty and alone when the subject of spirituality is brought up.

And as far as praying and asking for signs. I pryaed for something recently, and didnt get it. I can look at that and say maybe god didn't give it to me b/c he wants something better, has other plans, etc. But if that is the case, he can give me what he *does* want. But there is nothing. Also as far as signs b/c I know someone is going to reply saying maybe he gave you a sign but you didn't notice it. First off, there has been nothing close to the sign that I asked. A coworker pulled me aside the other day and was talking about the type of person I am, my high value, etc etc--and into the conversation I thought maybe this is going to be the sign b/c this woman likes to talk religion and stuff, and she didn't mention god or religion ONCE in the conversation! So, that wasn't the sign. I just don't know....

Awwww, Sweetheart, I am sorry that you are feeling this way:flowers:. But we both know that He does exist or none of us would be here. I couldn't help but notice that your mood on your post says that you are tired. Could that possibly have some effect on you feeling this way??? I have been where you are and it seems like nothing is happening for you. Just keep going and keep focused and please take good care of yourself. He has never let the righteous be forsaken nor their seed begging bread. Please don't let Satan distract you and pull you down and deceive you. Just know whose you are. Remember that He does love you:needhug:

Awwwww AC!! I feel for you! Yet, I totally and completely understand where you are coming from. But how's life? What I mean by that is....are you going through something? It's usually when we are being hard-pressed by life that we finally turn to God and expect a miracle to changes things and then when we don't get the answers/signs/results that we want...we start to doubt him. Because if he was real, he'd come to your rescue, right? Well God is patient, kind, humble and sweet and he'll never force himself on you. But when you come to him....he wants you to come in complete faith that he'll do what's best for you. In the times of storm, that's when you really need to have that mustard seed faith! The devil is a liar and right now the earth is his domain. You cannot be of this world if you want to leave this world...and be with the Father. Understand that satan will do any and everything to get you to doubt because it makes it that much easier for you to follow him. Wait on the Lord!!! Give him a chance. Don't doubt him when things aren't done on your time! He loves you!

I was dealing with the same feeling that you're having for a long time and I grew up in the church. There was even a time when I decided that I wasn't gonna believe him and I was gonna go on about my life without him. Until satan kicked me and the only one I could turn to was God. And he opened him arms and let me come back without hesitation and I found solace and comfort in him. I began to sing his praises and he then began to reward me. My eyes were opened also where I could "see" the blessings and signs he had given me all along. I'm gonna stop because I've written a lot. But PLEASE PM me if you need to talk. I don't have a bunch of bible verses to quote to you (bad memory)....but I understand. God loves you still.

ETA: I posted my testimony...but in that thread I posted a poem that brought me thru called Wait on the Lord!!! Please read it! I'll bump the thread for you! HTH!!!!!

Ever wonder why even people who are atheists cry out "oh God" in times of personal crisis? Some people think it's a coincidence but I don't. I think their souls are acknowledging what their minds will not. :look:

I just had a roommate who said she didn't want to be bound to Christianity, said she believed in God and incorporated many religions and I respected that and didn't say anything. But the second she would hear a bad story or something terrible would happen, she would call out "Jesus Christ" and I would say "is Lord" and she would look at me sorta funny...:ohwell:

This is an excellent thread.

I want to thank all of you ladies for your very thorough responses. I just wanted to let you know I'm going through all of them and reading the responses carefully and I will reply, but I wanted to hurry up and post a response to let you know I appreciate the time and thorough effort that you all have taken :yep:

AC,I think all the ladies have done a fine job responding to you. I'm glad you are on a quest of sorts. You are doing what we are created to do.
Thoughout history man has sought out the meaning of existence.

The responses are so great I couldn't possibly add much of anything. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, though.

I noticed your avatar with the strand of DNA--so intricately made that if one little thing was off inside it would through off the entire balance. Wonders like these don't simply appear. They need an originator.

Greeting to all,

I believe how one is raised is connected to one’s spiritual experiences. For example, I grew up around women and men who prayed and believed in the power of prayer and taught this belief to their children. They not only went to church but praticed their faith intensely. I would characterize my family elders as Fundamentalist --old time southern sanctified saints. We went to church three nights a week and on Sunday morning and night.

During some of those spirited church services, I remember experiencing a conviction in my heart as a child. I would cry whenever we sung the hymn, “What a Friend We Have in Jesus." To date I cannot listen to or sing this song without getting teary eyed, as I believe the lyrics in that song to be truth. There is no better friend than Jesus.

There is a biblical scripture that says "without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he [anyone] that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” If one wants God to reveal Himself one must first believe that God exists. It’s all by faith… No one can reveal God to you. Each experience with God I believe is personal. Now, one’s experience may not be in the way one expects.

And if one is waiting for some supernatural sign, one probably will spend a lifetime in waiting. It has been my experience that God reveals Himself in the most unusual matter and in the smallest and/or simplest way when least expected.

I just had a roommate who said she didn't want to be bound to Christianity, said she believed in God and incorporated many religions and I respected that and didn't say anything. But the second she would hear a bad story or something terrible would happen,
she would call out "Jesus Christ" and I would say "is Lord" and she would look at me sorta funny
...:ohwell:

This is an excellent thread.

This made me chuckle....:grin:

AC,I think all the ladies have done a fine job responding to you. I'm glad you are on a quest of sorts. You are doing what we are created to do.
Thoughout history man has sought out the meaning of existence.

The responses are so great I couldn't possibly add much of anything. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, though.

I noticed your avatar with the strand of DNA--so intricately made that if one little thing was off inside it would through off the entire balance. Wonders like these don't simply appear. They need an originator.

Excellent example, melodee!

Back