How can you tell if you have Hard Water???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I am wondering how to tell if I have hard water? I know it's tap water coming out of my shower head. But I've read some posts that said they use distilled water or purified water to rinse/wash their hair...how can you do that? They said hard water is bad for your hair...

Any suggestions on how to tell if I have hard water???

bettydavis

I don't know if I have hard water but I bought a shower filter to be on the safe side. You can also buy jugs of distilled water a your grocery store.

There are testing kits you can buy to tell if you have hard water...also try doing a search on your area +hard water, there are maps that highlight hard water areas.

pressncurl

I moved from a city where we had soft water to one with hard water. One difference I see is increased rust-colored residue in the bathtub and sinks where the water drains out (also in the toilet if we leave town for a few weeks so the toilet hasn't been flushed in awhile). I also notice a white residue in my pots when I am boiling things and the water starts to boil out -- this might be a test for you to try. I never noticed this where I used to live.