filtered water=hard hair

krispy99

Hello Ladies,

I have hard water, unfortunately I can not find a shower filter here (Europe). I got a Brita water filter (intended for drinking water). So that I could avoid buying distilled water all the time. The problem is that the filtered water makes my hair hard. Does anyone know why this may be? Isn't filtered water supposed to better?

iCandey

yeh it is. thats why many here use distilled. the hard water has minerals that they say leave deposits, and makes hair harder...I dont know if the filter is as good as distilled but has to be better than hard.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Water filters do not make hard water softer. They reduce the cholorine and any large particles floating in it. Water softeners are needed to make hard water into soft water, by removing calcium and something else, I think magnesium.

sweetcocoa

You probably need a water softner. My water is also hard...so I depend on the shower filter and then use the distilled water as my final rinse...or if I'm just rinsing I use the distilled water. I rent so I can't get a water softening system...but if I could I would.