How Can I Achieve This Style???

How can I achieve this hairstyle by Tracee Ellis Ross without looking like a total mess? (ie. frizz, messed up undefined parts) If anyone saw the season finale of the tv show "Girlfriends," that is the exact style I want!

Attachments

• tracee ellis ross big hair style i like.jpg
    tracee ellis ross big hair style i like.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 120

lexi84

I think flexi rods can help you achieve this style:grin: I must agree, her hair is gorgeous...I love the thickness:D

curlilocs

Flexi rods are long bendable rods that one can twist the hair around to achieve a sprial curl and bend the rod to secure it.

I would suggest a smaller hair roller about 1" in diameter. Her hair is tight so there may have been some heat applied to her hair in that pic.

kristina

A I think it's rollerset- I might try this when I get off my heat challenge and have some ideal time.

dynamic1

I agree with the previous posters. Flexi-rods will do the trick.

Use a setting lotion or leave in that does not leave your hair stiff or weighed down. Don't spiral down the rod too much, if at all. I would use them like regular rollers, but I have more control with the rods. If you roll over instead of under, your hair will appear with loose waves and curls. Sally's recently started to stock 2 larger size flexi rods. Remember don't be too heavy handed with the products, so your hair can be bouncy and fluffy.

I hope I explained this properly.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

Flexi-rods or bantu knots aka knot-outs give me this effect...umm, on my way this weekend to pick up some flexi-rods or solar rollers.