How Can I Achieve This Style?

Hi guys, my hair is finally straightened after many months but it has already started to revert a little. It has a lot of volume but is straight for the most part.

I was wondering what non-water based leave-in I can use when I bantu knot up my hair for this style..????

I will take a stab because I hate to see unanswered posts:D I would guess that this is a flexi rod set. Similar to a rollerset but you would use these rollers:

flexicoverpic.jpg

flexi%20Rollers.gif

You can find these at your Local BSS

Good Luck.:)

When you say "Non-water based" I am not really sure what you mean, but I think a little oil or hair serum would give you nice shine, but not necessarily moisture. I believe moisture only comes from products that contain water as a first ingredient.

Jojoba oil I believe is the only oil that is able to penetrate into the hair, so that may take care of everything that you need.:)

I was going to say the same thing Trimbride suggested..I really think flexi-rods would give the most similar type of curls

Thank you guys, when I said non water based product, I just meant that I wanted something that would hold my knots but not revert my pressed hair. but flexirods and some light oil seem the best way.....

Hey,IMO, the flexi rod gives you more of a Shirley Temple curl. At least, this has been my experience. Maybe I didn't comb it out properly, I dont' know, but the pic is more of a spiral curl look. To get more of that kind of look, I would suggest using the blue and the white spiral rollers, like these:
yhst-2519492840586_1916_131472107
The Annie Spiral 5/8" rods.

anatomicallycorrect said:
Hey,IMO, the flexi rod gives you more of a Shirley Temple curl. At least, this has been my experience. Maybe I didn't comb it out properly, I dont' know, but the pic is more of a spiral curl look. To get more of that kind of look, I would suggest using the blue and the white spiral rollers, like these:
yhst-2519492840586_1916_131472107
The Annie Spiral 5/8" rods.

How do these work?

you can also bantu knot with vitapointe. that works well for me. Reniece was speaking on how she did this in her fotki. i tried it and it worked like a charm. it came out shiny and bouncy.

Fran said:
How do these work?
I hold it vertically by my scalp, take some hair and wind it around the spiral. There is a groove in the spiral where the hair rests. There is a little hole at the top where you can put a pin to secure. And they come with small little clips, for lack of a better term, to keep the hair onto th eroller.

Back