Hot Oil Treatments With Carrier Oils

Blacktresses

I had been using regular olive oil ( not the extra virgin olive oil ) for my hot oil treatments. Well... I ran out of olive oil and decided to use Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
From Nature With Love that was in a butter form. I heated the oil and applied it to my hair for two hours. I will let you know of the results later. <font color="red"> My question is have anyone ever tried hot oil treatments with carrier oils </font>

Allandra

Examples of carrier oils are sweet almond, apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, peanut, olive, pecan, macadamia nut, sesame, evening primrose, walnut and wheat germ.

Yes, I've done a hot oil treatment with carrier oils. By any chance, would you be referring to essential oils?

Blacktresses

Nop ... just carriers. Next week I am going to try another carrier butter. But for right now, at least this week, I am going to do the coconut oil again. I am hoping to see a difference between mango, avacado, sweet almond .... I can only hope to find one and stick with it.

Allandra

For the past several months, I've been using and loving L’Oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Botanical Treatment. My hair loves it. Well, how did the olive oil work out? A lot of members here really like it. Good luck.

Blacktresses

The olive oil was great. The coconut oil....that's still pending. I will try out the coconut oil again this week ( really dry scalp and hair ). I am trying to use up all the butters that I accidently purchased ( I have seven one pound jars ). Now you know why, at this time, I am not trying to purchase any more oils....

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
blacktresses said:
I have seven one pound jars

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. I would slather my hair big time to get through seven pounds of oil. I wonder how long it will take you to use it all up.

Blacktresses

With so many tubs of different oils it will give me a chance to see what actually works alone or with combinations. Right now I am combining avocado, mango, and sweet almond oils.