Hooded Dryer Recommendation

webby

Think Slim
I just wanted to share my joy with you all. I bought a Highlander Venus Dryer - the same dryer that they use at my salon. I bought last April, because I thought it was going to be hotter and give more air than my portable dryer.

Anyway, the Venus never got as hot as the one in the salon, but I didn't realize this until I went to NYC and got my "wig" done. So, I finally called the company and surprisingly they didn't even hesitate to send me a brand new one. I picked up last night and that thing gets <font color="red"> HOT!!! </font> . Finally, I won't have to sit under the dryer all day and night.

I just wanted to share that with you all in case you were in the market for a hooded dryer.

cutebajangirl

Thank you, I am gonna call Pibbs because my hair still takes THREE HOURS to dry when it is the same one that I used at the hairdresser.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Thank you, I am gonna call Pibbs because my hair still takes THREE HOURS to dry when it is the same one that I used at the hairdresser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pibbs in the best. I got mine a few months ago and i LOVE it. Takes my thick hair no more than 45 mins to dry

webby

Think Slim
[ QUOTE ]
vevster said:
How much is it??

[/ QUOTE ]
I paid $129 at Sally's, but the stupid thing is you have to buy the handle and wheels separately for about $30. If you don't buy the wheels you don't get the height...the dryer will sit about a foot lower than it should.

webby

Think Slim
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Pibbs in the best. I got mine a few months ago and i LOVE it. Takes my thick hair no more than 45 mins to dry

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Pibbs a portable or salon dryer? My hair is just past my chin and it takes me over an hour. When it was really long, it took about 5 hours and sometimes the ends would still be somewhat damp.

webby

Think Slim
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
It's a standing salon dryer. The one that gets really hot (so much so that u need the little ear covers)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I wish I had posted here BEFORE I bought my dryer. I would love to have compared the two and then make a decision. How much did the Pibbs cost?

Well, I'm really happy with what I have, so much so, that I had to turn the temp down when I washed my hair.

webby

Think Slim
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I got the Pibbs 514 and it was 299 plus tax. even tho it wasn't my money, it was worth every penny

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it was still good tender, regardless to who's pocket it came from.

I'm going to look into the Pibbs and if I like it better, I'll sell what I have on E-Bay and replace my "precious".