Hits & Misses: December 2016

Miss: Shescentit Papaya Conditioner
Yuck. First off, this smells legitimately like "grandma perfume." Honestly, I swear that a certain perfume that my grandma used to wear smells just like it..
I put it on my hair after shampooing and let it sit then rinsed..and nothing happened. No softness no slip. I'm glad I only got 1 bottle.

ETA:
Also, I was going to use Soultanicals Pumpkin Curl Detox Clay and took it out of the fridge. I noticed when I opened it that a lot of water had pooled at the top. It used to be creamy/thick but now it's pretty runny..I don't know if anyone else had this happen?

ETA:
Also, I was going to use Soultanicals Pumpkin Curl Detox Clay and took it out of the fridge. I noticed when I opened it that a lot of water had pooled at the top. It used to be creamy/thick but now it's pretty runny..I don't know if anyone else had this happen?
@myronnie
Hey Sis!:kiss:

Mine was runny when it first arrived. Very messy. @AgeinATL also had the same issue. However, others did not have this issue with this product at all. (Please look at ST'icals Thread).

We had a lengthy discussion about this one and our 'consistency' issues.

MEGA HIT:

Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo:

This product has one of the longest names I've ever seen, but this stuff here is LIFE IN A BOTTLE! I got this from CVS on clearance for like 3 bucks. The ingredients looked good and its claims of cutting detangling time down by 30 minutes had me like :yep:. Now my hair isn't super tangly, but I'm lazy so cutting time is always a plus.
Ladies, as soon as it touched my hair it was like butter silk drizzling down my strands causing knots to run in fear and unicorn fairies to cry tears of soapy goodness all over my scalp :drool:. My hair wasn't the slightest bit stripped, my scalp was super clean and my curls were poppin' all over the place. Needless to say I will be hitting up CVS again tomorrow to politely collect the other 2 bottles on the shelf :yep:.
I saw this today but it was on clearance for $6.82 :(

MahoganeyCurls was right; this is one of the best moisturizers from SheaMoisture. I think this will be my new go-to; plus the price is right since it is from the Kids line.

@Smiley79 That SM Kids conditioner is one of my SM Holy Grails. It's a creamier version of Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp Conditioner. I rotate this one, Peace Rose, Frizz Defense, Raw Shea Butter, Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed and Oyin's Honey Hemp as moisturizers.

HITS
Garlic pills - I've been taking this for a year for it's purported heart benefits. I've noticed a significant decrease in shedding when I redo my twists.
Mixing DB Pumpkin Seed + SM Raw Shea Cupuacu for Deep conditioning - The SM boosted the moisture content of DB and allowed it to penetrate my hair.
SM Shea Cupuacu Frizz Defense Conditioner as a daily moisturizer/leave-in - It sinks right into my twists with no white cast or buildup. My hair smells like marzipan & pistachio ice-cream
Oyin Handmade Customer Service - sent me Juices and Berries refill instead of Greg Juice for Black Friday. They will ship my GJ and let me keep the J&B.
Godrej + SoulTanicals Honey I shrunk the Frizz Bar used together - The oils in the SoulTanicals bar buffered the sulfates in the Godrej bar. I got clean, soft hair & scalp

MISS
Licorice powder tea as a final rinse - It is too stimulating. I couldn't sleep for a week. I'll reserve this for my cleansing mixes during the day.
I have one chin-length white hair at my left temple. I can't get it to blend among my twists. My hair is 4B but this annoying strand is 3B and pops out.
Shipping via USPS Ground - It cost me $30 to mail a box of hair products. It was more expensive than Priority Mail.
SoulTanicals Honey I Shrunk the Frizz Bar - more like a solid conditioner; didn't lather and was melting while in use
Godrej Shikaikai shampoo Bar - stripping; full of harsh sulfates

Hit: Edens body works Curl defining creme

I so wanted to try this for my wash and goes but wasn't sure it would have enough hold to last.

When I applied it I imediately noticed how elongated my hair was. It gave me incredible stretch, and definition while also allowing me hold and fullness. Today is the end of day 3 and it's still going strong.

A total keeper.

@Smiley79 That SM Kids conditioner is one of my SM Holy Grails. It's a creamier version of Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp Conditioner. I rotate this one, Peace Rose, Frizz Defense, Raw Shea Butter, Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed and Oyin's Honey Hemp as moisturizers.

Girl, im so late to the party. ThAt kids conditioner will be definite staple for me movibg forward.

Hit:
Two strand twists. What took me so long to try them? I can style them in a bun, wear them loosely hanging or leave a few hanging as a bang when wearing a SLAP/beanie. Perfect.

Miss:
My Honey Child cheating me on product. A few items were not properly filled to the top.

Last edited:
Back