Hits & Misses: December 2016

Aggie

Hit:
French Perm Stabilizer Plus
. Sooo late on this but YAS. This melted away my 2 weeks uncombed 9 months of ng like nothing.

I love how its a bit of thickness to it. I thought it was going to be watery like infusium 23
How did you use this @halee_J

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I had no idea! Ive been sleeping on them! Looks like all except the Lemongrass are OOS on curlmart.com. I'm gonna place an order this sale, so i guess I'll get 3 or 4 of those.
@JerriBlank
BoBeam's site is waaaaaayyyyyy better than CM. Don't ever get them from CM!:eek:

Get the Buttercream & the Coconut Cream. Get them directly from BoBeam.:love:

She had 30 or 35% with HOL35 or HOL30 ?

She ships superfast and is as sweet as can be!:love2:

CodeRed

Hit: Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Oil Conditioner

This made my hair very, very soft and it detangled well. It didn't provide any shine but everything else was great.

Hit: Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo

Wasn't looking to neutralize but clarify/chelate and this got my hair really, really clean. It's only about $1.50 for an 8 oz bottle so that was a plus too. I really like it.

Smiley79

HIT
Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment as a pre-poo

I forgot how much I love this as a pre-poo treat for my hair. It has pretty good slip that allows me to detangle in the shower just before the shampoo step. In my mind, it's like I'm strengthening my hair before all the manipulation that comes with wash day. :spinning:

Eden Body works Peppermint Shampoo
My hair buddy gave me some of hers from her Curl Box subscription. Glad I go to try it. I found it to have a minty sensation similar to Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo, however Eden Peppermint left my hair less stripped. It did wake up my scalp; I wish I felt even more tingle but it was good none the less. I would purchase it for myself over the GD Tea Tree poo. I'm still going to keep trying other shampoos to see if there are others that can wake up my scalp even more.

Nefertiti's Secret All in One Leave-In

My local natural hair salon uses this leave in on all their clients. The smell is divine and it instantly leaves the hair more manageable. I loved it when I used to go the salon and now I can bring the salon experience home. It is a bit pricey:confused:, but I caught their recent sale and stocked up on a few bottles. I have been on the hunt for an effective liquid leave-in to replace my Aphogee Keratin Green Tea. This did the job. Another plus is that they are now available in my local BSS.

Key Ingredients: Oats Extracts, Sage Extracts, Rosemary Extracts, Horsetail Extracts, Nettles Extracts, Aloe Vera, Keratin Protein, Moringa Oil, and Coconut Oil.

Features and Benefits
  • Hydrates dry hair
  • Mends split ends
  • Soothes dry scalp
  • Eliminates tangles
  • Adds natural shine
  • Humidity resistant
  • Softens brittle hair
  • Prevents breakage
  • Revitalizes dull hair
  • Nourishes weak hair
  • Promotes new growth
  • Smoothes & controls frizz
  • Strengthens damaged hair
  • Increases body and volume

Directions: Apply to clean damp hair and comb through. For course hair apply more if needed. Do not rinse. Style as usual. Can also be applied on dry natural hair styles daily to add moisture.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I wasn't experiencing anything spectacular with my hair when I sprayed it on. When I apply a leave-in I look for my hair to feel more manageable or have an extra coat of hydration. The green tea worked better back when I was relaxed.
Okay, thx for the quick response! When OTG shoppers start hitting "paynah" my nosey behind always wants to know why :look:

I'm glad the Nefertiti's LI is working for you. What does it smell like?

nymane

Major-Super Hits
Joico MR Balm
Joico K-pak Color Therapy Conditioner
Joico MRC
Joico MR Shampoo
Joico....omg I love Joico! I can't wait to try more

Miss
Not trying Joico products sooner....total hair game changer!

ANOTHER Joico Hit:
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator - transforms my hair into buttery silky goodness, even more so than the Moisture Recovery Balm....unreal :love: :love: :love:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
Kreyol Essence HBCO
So much better than JBCO. I've use it 4 times for my WNG buns (after Leave In and before jelly or butter) and I've noticed that days later, upon wash day, after I wash or cowash, my hair is super soft and hydrated. DC is better and my hair is softer. I even get worried if I need more protein. It's like I'm prepooing my hair for the next wash day and I rarely prepoo. This is the only oil that leaves my hair with results.

Renewed Hit:
APB Cherry Kukui Daily Lotion
I wasn't crazy about it (liked it, yes) but I've used it for a few WNG and I really like it for that purpose. It's light and doesn't leave buildup. I also don't need a lot, unlike when I use for dookie twists where I need a bit.

Aggie

HIT:

APB Moisturizing Hair Lotion - I really love how this stuff feels on my hair. Now I can bump this up to HG status along with APB Creamy Hair Pudding Leave-in Conditioner.

MISS:

Naturelle Grow Grow Thick and Thick and Rich Deep Conditioners - no slip and didn't make my hair feel moisturized
Naturelle Grow Pure Hydration Leave-in Conditioner. It was just meh...I liked the Hibiscus and the Sweet Plantain ones a whole lot better.
Naturelle Grow Coconut Water Cleansing Conditioner - I just don't like cleansing conditioners - I've tried a few and I prefer sudsy poos. Tis all!
Alikay Naturals Avocado Cream repairing Mask - no slip and meh...

Not a Hit or A Miss:

APB Blueberry Cheesecake Moisturizing Conditioner - It was okay but not one I would consider purchasing again.

Smiley79

Eden Body Work Peppermint Hair Milk
This was a surprising hit. My hair buddy shared out some of her bottle for me to try and I have been loving it! The moisture actually lingers throughout the day and the day after. I love the Eden cowash, so I am happy to see they continued the moisture experience into the hair milk. I will definitely purchase this when I finish up my other hair moisturizers.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
A Tentative Hit: Lakshmi's Cupboard Bhaasvataa Oil, 8 oz

The scent is extra nutty, but sweet orange EO fixed that. I used it as my oil for my oil and water routine, fine for finger-detangling. But when I did a hot water rinse... oh, wow, my hair went soft in my hands. I think this stuff might be good for a hot oil treatment or pre-poo. 24 hours later, my hair is still soft.

I say tentative hit because I may be mildly allergic to it. My hands, face and scalp are fine, but my ears got warm and my forearms and back had a slight prickling sensation. I am on eczema and flaky scalp watch. Story of life, *sigh*:(

Aggie

A Tentative Hit: Lakshmi's Cupboard Bhaasvataa Oil, 8 oz

The scent is extra nutty, but sweet orange EO fixed that. I used it as my oil for my oil and water routine, fine for finger-detangling. But when I did a hot water rinse... oh, wow, my hair went soft in my hands. I think this stuff might be good for a hot oil treatment or pre-poo. 24 hours later, my hair is still soft.

I say tentative hit because I may be mildly allergic to it. My hands, face and scalp are fine, but my ears got warm and my forearms and back had a slight prickling sensation. I am on eczema and flaky scalp watch. Story of life, *sigh*:(
Thanks for your review @Sharpened. I was actually curious about this oil.