Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Angel of the North

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

This is just my opinion. Lol

Your hair in your siggie looks really really thick to wear it seems your scalp has no room to breathe as it is. To go weeks or a month w/o washing, your scalp will be on fiyah!! Those ladies do not have thick hair. Their scalp can breathe thru their hair between washes. But just my opinion.

medicalrulz I do have fine strands, so I can understand where you're coming from

Aireen

I'm thinking of washing my hair tonight, my scalp's been rather flaky and scabby and I think it would be good to pamper it by scrubbing it with my fingertips to let it breathe. :look:

Plans:

- Wash with my psoriasis shampoo
- Condition with my bootleg macadamia mask
- Blow-dry
- Possibly add some Organix Awapuhi Ginger oil (optional but it makes my hair smell really good for a LONG time)

Last edited:

LimitedEdition

My rollerset was a COMPLETE UTTER BUST. So I immediately washed it out and Ive been wearing a twist out for the last week and some change. Deep conditioning and going back to the twist out

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
My rollerset was a COMPLETE UTTER BUST. So I immediately washed it out and Ive been wearing a twist out for the last week and some change. Deep conditioning and going back to the twist out

Girl! You washed out a lot of hard work! LOL I would've just flat ironed out all the kinks & gave it a lil volume & KIM.

Angel of the North

Thursday I took down my single braided bun (from Sunday) for my mid-week co-wash, I didn't detangle before the co-wash as I would normally do (I was too busy with HIH syndrome), but I was so surprised at how little an amount of hair I lost when I detangled my hair considering I hadn't combed since Sunday, it was like 4 strands :grin: I didn't have the coated greasy feeling on my hair that the ORS olive oil left this time, the Keracare naturals hair milk is working well for me, my hair felt great.

(also posted in BSL & MBL challenges)

I thought I'd take a pic of what the braid out looked like, don't know why it's rotated to the side, it was taken from the same phone that took my siggy pic :perplexed :ohwell:

Attachments

• 20130117_171859.jpg
    20130117_171859.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Aireen

Okay I didn't wash. Decided to wait until I got some Nizoral and I currently have it. Geez it's $10 for a tiny bottle from Shoppers Drug Mart, uh no, I got it at Wal-Mart for $7. Going to use it tonight!! This is the start of a healthy scalp, soooo tired of this seborrheic dermatitis and I'm blessed that my hair isn't thinning or balding.

Kindheart

I trimmed my hair last week ,i had to ,split ends came out nowhere ,i wonder if a specific product caused that ,i m back to an inch 1/2 to WL.
One of my moisturizers contains sodium (salt).

Aireen

My hair feels so unbelievably soft. Wow. I think it was the Nizoral, it feels like a clarifying shampoo, drying but not as bad as I thought it would be. My hair is so much bouncier and softer, I don't use product on my hair generally but I guess my hair and of course my scalp, still needed it.

Channy31

Thanks, I'm on day 9 atm and its going well. Havent used heat once. Although my scalp is struggling a bit

Channy31

This is just my opinion. Lol

Your hair in your siggie looks really really thick to wear it seems your scalp has no room to breathe as it is. To go weeks or a month w/o washing, your scalp will be on fiyah!! Those ladies do not have thick hair. Their scalp can breathe thru their hair between washes. But just my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion, I'm going to go for it and see what happens. If I don't try I'll never know. But didnt think of it like that! I'll take it into consideration

Channy31

So my hair needed refreshing so I flexi rod set my hair into loose curls last night. As I brushed through one of the sections I got SO much breakage which I was so u[set about, so I put some aphogee treatment on and some keracare oil on it and in the other sections their was no breakage at all. And the flexi set came out really well into loose curls which I love.

The problem I have with the whole 'trying to not wash my hair' mini challenge is that as a uni student in England I go out on nights out a few times a week, a few days ago was a social (night out) for the cheerleaders when I got home I was so tired that I didnt do much with my hair and it got very matted :( not good.

Currently on day 11

Last edited:

Danniquin

I've been away from lhcf for a while and of course i was doing wrong smh! I guess I got a little too heat happy towards the end of the year, I swear it was no more than once a week, but I guess that was too much!

My ends are crunchy looking and about 500 different lengths, which they've always been, but it's much more noticeable now! No matter how gentle I am with my hair it snaps off, and I have a bunch of those white dots which I believe are weak spots ugh! Its still long (a little past MBL) but its definitely not healthy. So I'm putting myself on my own personal boot camp!

I'm going to try to stay away from heat, maybe even keep it in a bun. I never do that, but I'm desperate. Wish me luck ladies!

danigurl18

Please sign me up!

- Current length + hair type : Barely BSL 3C/4A Natural
- Regimen: Wash 1x a week. DC alternating between protein and moisture every other week. Moisturize and twist for a twist out. Wear mostly stretched hair in buns. Cowash in the middle of the week to refresh twistout.
- Plans to get to HL: Keep up regimen and make sure to moisturize ends.
- HL goal date: June 2014
- Plans once HL is achieved: Maintain until I reach full HL and then swang it!

Current pictures: Just straightened my hair

Attachments

• 20130120_190252.jpg
    20130120_190252.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20130120_190823.jpg
    20130120_190823.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 103

Channy31

Day 13 of 'no wash/ wash less' challenege

On day 11 I felt that I NEEDED to wash my hair by day 14 because my hair just didnt look great. But Last night I detangled with organix coconut anti-breakage serum (for protein) and kera care oil for moisture and I had no breakage. I then put my hair in two bantu knots and have woken up with lovely loose waves! yay!

Going to attempt another few days and see what happens.

Kindheart

I washed my hair with a sulfate shampoo and although it made my hair dry and poofy on day one ,i managed to go a week without feeling the need to wash my hair ,products seem to work better

mayoo

Just washed and detangled my hair. Now deep conditioning under a plastic bag for the next hour... Time to get some studying done

bebezazueta

I'm 5 weeks post & my NG is thick. I think I've gotten this thing figured out. I cleanse my scalp in between washings/cowashings & moisturize & seal w/JBCO daily. My ends are nice and thick. My scalp loves being clean. I use ORS dry shampoo that's in an applicator bottle to cleanse my scalp. It tingles my scalp too. I remember before my hair journey, I had braids & cleansed my scalp nightly & it grew like weeds. So far so good. I'll see if it works at my next relaxer.

Here's my goal pic - FANTASY LENGTH!

Attachments

• image-2163898860.jpg
    image-2163898860.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 94

Aireen

Never again doing my hair so last minute. I was way too rough and did a mediocre DC. :( I could feel that my DC didn't finish doing its job...

felic1

Cersei... How are you doing? Great I hope. I have looked at post #217 more than once. If you posted your reggie somewhere I did not know where to look for it. Would you mind motivating a sister? Thank you for your time and consideration!:grin:

Aireen

I'm gonna do a prepoo or something so my hair can recover. I don't like how it feels at all. :cry:

EDIT: I'm exaggerating but I know my hair can feel way better than this. :sad:

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Hoping to do an overnight DC tonight but, feeling a little under the weather. I have to peel myself outta this bed first. Otherwise, I've been loving my hair lately.

ManiiSweetheart

Update :
I've been washing every Saturday or Sunday.
Prepoo of evoo + water + garner fructis hydra recharge condish
Shampooed, overnight DC with moisture and protein ingredients.
Trying kinky curly knot today leave in now. Will probably do a braidout and pull it into a bun.
I'm finally consistent with my MN usage so hoping for 1+ inch a month.
And I.think I'm.going to try baggying nightly for a moisture boost.
Oh! And I've also been drinking 64 oz of water daily and exercise 3 times a week. I've been doing swell! Hope you ladies are doing good as well!

Aireen

- Starting back on the regular vitamins from today
- Never ever again doing my hair in a rush, if it's dirty, it goes in a bun

Channy31

How long do you recommend pre pooing for?
I don't want to do it over night :/

danigurl18

Getting sick and tired of having straight hair. I was trying to keep it straight for at least 9 days but I'm getting bored with the styling already!

Cersei

@Cersei... How are you doing? Great I hope. I have looked at post #217 more than once. If you posted your reggie somewhere I did not know where to look for it. Would you mind motivating a sister? Thank you for your time and consideration!:grin:

Hey there! I don't remember if I posted my reggie in my intro post, but it's pretty simple. I wash every 2-3 weeks, with a coconut oil/conditioner prepoo. I used to cowash, but I recently switched to a shampoo bar and it's working well. Detangle with lots of conditioner while I'm in the shower. I twist with coconut oil and leave it like that for a week, wear a twistout for the other week. Moisture and seal w/oil as needed. I hope this helps!