Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

NowIAmNappy

It's that time of the month and I am going through the worst hormone fluctuations I have ever experienced in my life!!!!! I'm having horrible cravings for sugary drinks (I don't drink soda, but I've had it almost everyday for the past 2 weeks), and my hair-esteem is so low. I just watched a youtube vid and immediately wanted to cut all of my hair off :blush:. Like her hair was so gorgeous and mine was so pitiful that I needed to chop it all and start over :sad:. I even went to the bathroom mirror to estimate how much I was going to chop off!!!
OMG! I need TOM to hurry up and go because it is making me crazy :spinning:.

Awww I never post in this thread but always lurk, please don't cut your beautiful hair off. I've been there before and thought it was a good idea and then sat there and sulked at how much longer my hair could have been had I not cut it. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow or when the TOM finishes. Big hug!

ckisland

Awww I never post in this thread but always lurk, please don't cut your beautiful hair off. I've been there before and thought it was a good idea and then sat there and sulked at how much longer my hair could have been had I not cut it. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow or when the TOM finishes. Big hug!

Thank you for this post :kiss:. I talked myself down because I knew it was the sugar talking. I forgot that I had cut back to APL during my 4th year, and it didn't do me a drop of good :lol: I just need to take my butt to sleep!!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ckisland, I'd die for your density! :spinning:

Mail me your hair shears. I'll let you know when you can check them out for proper use, such as, dustings... :yep:

We're not allowing any emotional and/or unnecessary cuts, up in here. We have a year and three months to reach our goals, so I'll collect all shears, if necessary.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

Mail me your hair shears. I'll let you know when you can check them out for proper use, such as, dustings... :yep:

We're not allowing any emotional and/or unnecessary cuts, up in here. We have a year and three months to reach our goals, so I'll collect all shears, if necessary.

WORD!:fan:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
ckisland No ma'am! Step away from the shears. Don't you dare touch that gorgeous hair! You only have a few more inches to waist...maybe 4? TOM will be over soon...don't take any drastic measures!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I was redoing my bun for work & my ends are begging for a cut. Unfortnately I only cut on a fresh relaxer & I have a long ways for that. Today is cowash day. I have to decide between the gym or cowash. But Im not doing both. Nope. No way.

felic1

It's that time of the month and I am going through the worst hormone fluctuations I have ever experienced in my life!!!!! I'm having horrible cravings for sugary drinks (I don't drink soda, but I've had it almost everyday for the past 2 weeks), and my hair-esteem is so low. I just watched a youtube vid and immediately wanted to cut all of my hair off :blush:. Like her hair was so gorgeous and mine was so pitiful that I needed to chop it all and start over :sad:. I even went to the bathroom mirror to estimate how much I was going to chop off!!!
OMG! I need TOM to hurry up and go because it is making me crazy :spinning:.

Uh, sis your hair is looking good. Do not act distraught with all that hair down your back. You love your hair and it will grow, And grow some more. Do not give up. We have to move forward. What are us darn near rookies to do if the veterans throw in the towel. Think of us shorter hair sisters! Pick up the long hair banner! Represent! Keep it Moving!!!:yep:

NowIAmNappy

Peeking in, it felt good posting in here last night, got me all excited. LOL I dont want to jinx it but I'm like an inch away from waist length so I'm guessing I'll join this thread, maybe I'll officially join in December. But I've been waist length twice before and each time I cut it because of some drastic life changes. Here's to hoping I make it so that I can officially move on to Hip Length for 2014

ckisland

Wow! Thank you so much :blush:. You need to be patrolling the streets, snatching up scissors because the urge will come suddenly out of nowhere :nono:. I keep my scissors under the sink, and I have to dig to find them because things get out of hand quick!!! :lol:

Uh, sis your hair is looking good. Do not act distraught with all that hair down your back. You love your hair and it will grow, And grow some more. Do not give up. We have to move forward. What are us darn near rookies to do if the veterans throw in the towel. Think of us shorter hair sisters! Pick up the long hair banner! Represent! Keep it Moving!!!:yep:
Thank you :hug2:!!! My little sister has been natural for 2 years, and she reminds me of this when I complain about my hair. She gets so mad at me and tells me that I'm just being stupid :lol:.

ckisland

ckisland No ma'am! Step away from the shears. Don't you dare touch that gorgeous hair! You only have a few more inches to waist...maybe 4? TOM will be over soon...don't take any drastic measures!

Once I get over my hair angst, I realize that I'm not that far from WL. Thank you for reminding me to actually look at where I am :yep:. TOM is rolling out so the disaster has been averted :lol:.

LaVgirl

ckisland Phew! Glad to see that your crisis has been averted. :) Your hair is looking so healthy and thick!

I started the braid removal process yesterday and boy, oh, boy, takes me about 50 mins to unravel 10 braids... I'm doing a little each day so I won't get impatient and start ripping out hair. Anyway, I couldn't resist doing a little length check with the section I've taken out so far. And I think maybe I am HBL!!!! I'm just hoping it's not a fluke and after I wash my hair, I can't stretch it down that far anymore lol. We'll see, I guess! :spinning:

Attachments

• DSC00722.jpg
    DSC00722.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00726.jpg
    DSC00726.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 190

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Wow! Thank you so much :blush:. You need to be patrolling the streets, snatching up scissors because the urge will come suddenly out of nowhere :nono:. I keep my scissors under the sink, and I have to dig to find them because things get out of hand quick!!! :lol:

Thank you :hug2:!!! My little sister has been natural for 2 years, and she reminds me of this when I complain about my hair. She gets so mad at me and tells me that I'm just being stupid :lol:.

I'm about to join that patrol. :yep:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
ckisland Phew! Glad to see that your crisis has been averted. :) Your hair is looking so healthy and thick!

I started the braid removal process yesterday and boy, oh, boy, takes me about 50 mins to unravel 10 braids... I'm doing a little each day so I won't get impatient and start ripping out hair. Anyway, I couldn't resist doing a little length check with the section I've taken out so far. And I think maybe I am HBL!!!! I'm just hoping it's not a fluke and after I wash my hair, I can't stretch it down that far anymore lol. We'll see, I guess! :spinning:

You are hiplength!!! :yay:

grenadiancooliex3

Looks like you made it! :applauds: congratz! !!

Aireen

Mah hurrrrr is still kind of stuck at MBL-ish, it did grow though since I know I'm closer to WL. I got bangs though, what the hell was I thinking? I know I'm not gonna like these things later but meh, it's just hair. Gosh I can just SEE/FEEL myself at WL by Christmas. :sad:

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Got my hair pressed a few days ago and noticed my highlights have grown out quite a bit. I just got them done this summer and they look to be grown out at least 3 inches. I'm thinking of letting them grow all the way out and then trying a jet black rinse to see how that looks against my skin tone. We shall see.

One pic is the actual press and the other one is a banana clip ponytail I was forced to do after a flexi rod failed attempt at maintaining the press. (2 flexi rods came undone in the middle of the night)

With and without camera flash.

Last edited:

LaVgirl

Thanks, guys!!! Froreal3 I don't have much of a regimen. I basically wash every 1-2 weeks, moisturize with a spinoff kimmaytube leave-in mix, do chunky twists and bun. During the week, I'll spritz or rinse with water and re-moisturize as needed. :)

LaVgirl

Froreal3 Haha thank you!! I bun my twists (about 15 maybe). Not even a real bun, I "floop" it - that thing where you pony tail and tuck the ends under. Just bunning alone is not as effective at keeping in the moisture. :) If you try it, you might have to use a gel or something with hold to keep the edges and roots down... I never do and that's why my hair always looks messy lol.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Well it sounds like I'm on the right track because that is how I wear my hair as well. :yep: It's because I'm lazy. :lol:

cocosweet

I swear the struggle stays real!!! :nono: If it's not one thing, it's something else :rolleyes:.
You aint neva lied. I'm trying real hard not to pull a @Whimsy and cut all my hair off right now. Splits and breaks and breaks and splits.

I'm so over it. A chin length bob is looking real good to me right now.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
So I cowashed again & back in a bun.... I cannot wait for a cut. This is the longest 12 week wait ever! :(
Cutting back to waist is going to be liberating. :)