Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

ManeStreet

KCcurly omg i feel like such a lousy forumfriend! I didn't realize you were preggified!! CONGRATS a million times over!!!! Are you ready for this lil bundle?!

You mean the SL/APL cut? That was july or august of last year. I cut it blunt at the bottom but with layers throughout.
I trimmed about an inch in April of this year but that's it. I could use a good trim. Maybe in January to start the year off right.

Wow u grow super fast.

Whimsy

Yep! My hair really flourished while I was pregnant. My growth was insane. Now, afterwards my hair was falling out from pp shedding :lachen: but before then was like wow! Especially how thick my hair got.

the shedding and bald edges is the worst!!! my hair is so thin now.:perplexed

BonnieB

Idk how far I am from hip length but I definitely want to reach it soon (hopefully in 2013).

ForumRunner_20121221_203825.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-18-14-20-49-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-18-14-20-49-1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 138

hannan

Hi ladies :wave:! Wash day yesterday/today. I notice some very loose ends. Nothing that a good aphogee 2 step treatment and a slight trim can't fix!

I think I'm going to quit straightening for good. My strands are too fine and susceptible to heat damage, no matter what the temperature is. Plus I hate the feeling of fearing water on my hair. :lol:

beauti

okay sooo....gonna have to bow out of this one :ohwell: Last night was wash day and the plan was to flat iron today and then trim. Below is my flat ironed result. I made WSL :party: :yay: BUT them ends, boyyyy....them ends had tah go! :nono: So I had my boyfriend chop chop :cry: Told him to make it blunt and he shole did :lol: Almost passed out when I saw the results :spinning: Welp, I'm at APL now but I'm happy with my healthy hair. :cool:

Attachments

• wsl2012.jpg
    wsl2012.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 201
  • chopped.jpg
    chopped.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 167
  • bigcut.jpg
    bigcut.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 190
  • bigcut2012.jpg
    bigcut2012.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 186

beauti

@beauti

OMGeee you were so brave! It looks sooooo good & healthy & most def strong! ;)

:lol: girl thats because you weren't in the room when he was snipping away. I kept telling him NO NEVERMIND!! then OK DO IT! I'M GONNA DIE!! :lol: but once it was over, I calmed down. No more itty bitty hairs when i touch my head :yep:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
:lol: girl thats because you weren't in the room when he was snipping away. I kept telling him NO NEVERMIND!! then OK DO IT! I'M GONNA DIE!! :lol: but once it was over, I calmed down. No more itty bitty hairs when i touch my head :yep:

LOLOLOLOLOOOO! I could imagine! Loloo. Its gonna retain so much better. I was once told there are strength in numbers. :)

Charla

okay sooo....gonna have to bow out of this one :ohwell: Last night was wash day and the plan was to flat iron today and then trim. Below is my flat ironed result. I made WSL :party: :yay: BUT them ends, boyyyy....them ends had tah go! :nono: So I had my boyfriend chop chop :cry: Told him to make it blunt and he shole did :lol: Almost passed out when I saw the results :spinning: Welp, I'm at APL now but I'm happy with my healthy hair. :cool:

I'm not even in this challenge, and that's not even my head, but I think I just felt a tear roll down my cheek!

beauti

I'm not even in this challenge, and that's not even my head, but I think I just felt a tear roll down my cheek!

aww girl! :bighug:trust me it was a long time coming! Thats what I get for putting it on the backburner. My hair has not been happy lately and all I did was ignore her. She showed me! Anytime I thouched my head, combed my hair, whatever, i would have itty bitty hairs all over my hand, my comb, the bathroom sink and floor :nono: Enough was enough. Now lets hope she grows in peace :lol:

mayoo

your current hair length (include photo)

BSL

current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?)
Natural :)

current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc)
Dryness :(

current regimen and products
Co-wash and DC once a week
Detangle in shower
Apply leave-in
Style for the week
That's it :)

Products:
Tesco Smooth Coconut Conditioner
AO GPB
EVOO
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Honey

future regimen changes/plans (if any)
Try and wear more updos
Make sure to wash every week

long term plan for 2013 to reach hip
Plan to wear PS 100% of the time

post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc)
Keep growing!

Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans
I'll work hard to keep my hair moisturised at all times :)

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

blackindia07

Hey ladies....Havent posted here in a while. I did a braid out for the first time ever about a month ago and have been wearing them since. Though I like the way it looks I feel like I have to rebraid my hair every night and Im not really sure how long Ill be able to keep that up... Anyone have any tips they can share???

Also I will have my sister take pix this weekend for my official start up pic.

Hip length we're coming for you!!! See you in 2013!!!!

LaFemmeNaturelle

Straightened my hair today. Made WL but refuse to show my fat back lol But by the next length check my back WILL be ON POINT! Either way, sorry for the brown sweater. I trimmed today as well and put it in a couple bantu knots so might post that pic when I take them down.

Haven't decided on a regimen yet but I need to switch things up next year.

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Alright I've FINALLY come up with a regimen! Pre-poo and detangle, wash, condition, air dry in braids bo-weekly. Wear in braidout for a few days and then bun or wig the rest of the days. Moisturize daily and straighten monthly (wear straight for 5 days). I'll probably start twisting again in April and will come back to change my reggie.

lolascurls

your current hair length (include photo)
Mid-back length.

current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?)

Natural

current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc)
Dryness is my current hair issue.

current regimen and products

Moisturize hair with a spray twice a day
Protective styling currently: in Havana twists currently

future regimen changes/plans (if any)
May wear more buns soon.
In Summertime, I would like to try rocking twistouts and braidouts more
I also want to try mixing some whipped shea butters to use on my hair.
Also need to perfect mud-wash formula that I like.

long term plan for 2013 to reach hip
Prayer and consistency.

post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc)
Grow, grow, grow to tail bone... a girl can dream right! :lol:
Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans