Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Month 3 update!

Ms_Twana said:
Congrats on the engagement and marriage!!!!

Oh my goodness. This is sooo me. I let my friend borrow my Hai and I told her to keep it so I wouldn't be tempted to wear my hair down. But now I want to go buy a Maxiglide, so I can try them and so I can check my progress. I even went to BB&B last night, but they didn't have any. Well, actually their inventory said they had 3, but they couldn't find any. Was that a hint for me or what?!?!

But like you said, I want to be surprised in December as well. I know I won't make it that long without at least checking, though. I'm too weak.

Anyway, I've been doing great. I've been rocking a bun, fall, full cap, or braidout. I attempted my first Bantu Knot set, and it is gorgeous. I love it!!! It's amazing how I've adapted to all of these other styles. Before, I wore my hair down everyday. The only way I pulled it back was if I was too lazy to wash it, and it didn't have body anymore because of the filth that was in it. So, I happy that I can be more well-rounded with my styles. Thanks Ladies!!

Ms_Twana,

I just peeped your album. Lookin good girl! I read that you were looking for something to get your edges to lay down. Have you tried American Crew Hair Pomade? I think it's the best. A small jar costs about $9.95 and a large one $13.95 (not cheap but you don't have to use much so it lasts awhile). You get it from a hair salon like Fantastic Sams, Hair Cuttery, or the salon inside Walmart. I like to use my favorite hair product Cantu Break Cure to the edges, apply the pomade, brush gently and tie it down for the night. When I get up the next morning, my edges are smooth and I can go for a few days without smoothing it down again with the brush because I tie the edges down again as soon as I get home.

Congrats on the engagement !

I am completely to busy to mess with my hair anyway, so the hide challenge is prefect for me! :grin: I've been wearing cornrows under instant weaves (I like the variety too much to get a sew-in weave right now) alternating between a straight style during the week and spiral curl style on the weekneds.

I need to braid my cornrows in a beehive pattern next time, because I constantky pull on my ends to see how long they are :cool: .

When you said Hide I didn't know that meant no pictures, I thought just protective styles. I will try not to take any growth shots until X-Mas. The hairline shots are another story though.:cool:

Post deleted. I got my challenges mixed up. I meant to post on the APL by 2007 post. Sorry.

Last edited:
So far so good for this challenge...I KNOW i can make it allll the way til' christmas!!! GOODLUCK LADIES!!!

I'm glad everyone is still in the challenge.

Welcome Den!

I should tell you ladies that since I've been weaving it up for this challenge, after I relaxed my hair I didn't want to sew-in a weave right away, so I made a clip in weave (thanks Lili :) ) that I can take out when I get home. I just clip it in in the morning (takes about 5 minutes or so). I'll start sewing when I'm about 10 weeks post or so.

Thanks for all of the well wishes ladies. I'm very excited, but also worried about the amount of money weddings cost, it's ridiculous!!!!!!

I wanted to bump this up to see what's going on with everyone:) I am hanging in there boy this challenge is killing me BUT I am hanging in there...I made it this far so I can continue until XMAS:) What's going on everyone? Rabia how you doing?

Well I'm doing great b/c I got a braided weave and I can't see or touch my hair to check it except for the new growth I have no idea how much it's grown really. I do moisterize/mist daily I've been using butters to lock in the moisture. Even if I'm tempted to look I'd have to take all this down unbraid to see all my hair and I'm just too lazy u know to do that now. I think I'll do some curly experiment pics with the straightened pics in Dec.
Hope everyone's doing well with the challenge.

Last edited:
Lucia said:
Well I'm doing great b/c I got a braided weave and I can't see or touch my hair to check it except for the new growth I have no idea how much it's grown really. I do moisterize/mist daily I've been using butters to lock in the moisture. Even if I'm tempted to look I'd have to take all this down unbraid to see all my hair and I'm just too lazy know to do that now. I think I'll do some curly experiment pics with the straightened pics in Dec.
Hope everyone's doing well with the challenge.

That's good we don't have that long to go:yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm still hanging in there. I haven't been posting that much because of this challenge. The last set of progress pics I've taken were in September. I can't wait until December to see if I gain more inches :)

kbody4 said:
I'm still hanging in there. I haven't been posting that much because of this challenge. The last set of progress pics I've taken were in September. I can't wait until December to see if I gain more inches :)

Yah, I hear ya, I just wanted to bump the thread up to get some responses on how everyone is doing and to give out some encouragement if needed? We're soooooo close to the end...:)

tsmith said:
Yah, I hear ya, I just wanted to bump the thread up to get some responses on how everyone is doing and to give out some encouragement if needed? We're soooooo close to the end...:)

I can use some, because I'm not going to relax again until mid December. I never stretch this long before, but I think it will be worth it in the end. My last re-touch was September 30th. Good Luck to the rest of the ladies that are on this challenge :)

kbody4 said:
I can use some, because I'm not going to relax again until mid December. I never stretch this long before, but I think it will be worth it in the end. My last re-touch was September 30th. Good Luck to the rest of the ladies that are on this challenge :)

Hang in there girl, I'm 4 weeks post and trying to stretch to 12 weeks..never stretched that long but that will put my touchup at Dec 22 and I am determined because I want all the ng I can get up until December so I'm going to stretch...girl we can do this:)

kbody4 said:

Hang in there. You can make it. I wont relax until mid Dec also. Let me know how you are doing. (I am about 6 or 7 weeks post now. I never know until I look at my siggy.)

tsmith said:
Hang in there girl, I'm 4 weeks post and trying to stretch to 12 weeks..never stretched that long but that will put my touchup at Dec 22 and I am determined because I want all the ng I can get up until December so I'm going to stretch...girl we can do this:)

Looks like all 3 of will relax around the same time.;)

Letitia said:
Looks like all 3 of will relax around the same time.;)

Yah girl,

I can't wait til the end of the year..this time, I stretching boy..by any means necessary...FORREAL:)

I don't care if I look like a chia pet...as long as it's not breaking or shedding...I'm stretching til DEC. 22

tsmith said:
Yah girl,

I can't wait til the end of the year..this time, I stretching boy..by any means necessary...FORREAL:)

I don't care if I look like a chia pet...as long as it's not breaking or shedding...I'm stretching til DEC. 22

you are so funny. I know you will not look like a chia pet. :lol:

Well I'm like Kinikakes I want to share my progress so bad, but I'll be patient and wait. I have made some great progress...I will share it with you all on Christmas! This challenge definitely helped me to get to shoulder length

Letitia said:
Hang in there. You can make it. I wont relax until mid Dec also. Let me know how you are doing. (I am about 6 or 7 weeks post now. I never know until I look at my siggy.)

Thanks Letitia and tsmith :) Currently I think I'm 6 weeks post. I don't really have that much new growth, but sometimes it seems like it pops in overnight :lol: My hair is funny like that. I will keep you posted on what happens.

kbody4 said:
Thanks Letitia and tsmith :) Currently I think I'm 6 weeks post. I don't really have that much new growth, but sometimes it seems like it pops in overnight :lol: My hair is funny like that. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Sometimes when you think you don't have any ng but when you do your retouch you will be amazed at much it grown...man...I can't wait until Christmas...come on christmas...shoot:grin:

kbody4 said:

yw. same things happens with me and my new growth. Sometimes I don't think I see much of any new growth.

Hi ladies I'm still bunning it. I won't be getting a touch-up until sometime around XMAS!!:)

ETA: Maybe will try to hold out until the end of Jan.

This is going to be THE MAIN EVENT for Dec on the boards all of us revealing our hair after such a long time. I can't wait.

My last relaxer was 06/06. My hair needs have changed a lot during this stretch. I now only wash my hair every 2 to 3 weeks to cut down on manipulation of my NG compared to twice weekly CO washes. I am now washing in braids to reduce tangles, using more moisturizers and oils, using less protein. I look at this challenge not only as retaining and gaining healthy hair, but also as a Christmas present to myself that I can hardly wait to open!

Lucia said:
This is going to be THE MAIN EVENT for Dec on the boards all of us revealing our hair after such a long time. I can't wait.

Ok, I am reallllly excited about this..I really am...I can't wait to see everyone's progress..I mean we hide our progress pictures for 6 months, a half of year...man that's a long time..:) It seems like alot of us is trying to stretch all the way until the BIG Day....that's going to be my personal challenge...to stretch all the way until the BIG DAY...I don't care how thick, coarse, wild,and krazzyy I look...I'm stretching BABY...Imma do disssssss...this was a goooooddddd challenge and so far I am very happy with the results...we should do another one..after this one ends...starting in Jan....Whadda u think?:)

WHERE'S RABIA?

tsmith said:
Ok, I am reallllly excited about this..I really am...I can't wait to see everyone's progress..I mean we hide our progress pictures for 6 months, a half of year...man that's a long time..:) It seems like alot of us is trying to stretch all the way until the BIG Day....that's going to be my personal challenge...to stretch all the way until the BIG DAY...I don't care how thick, coarse, wild,and krazzyy I look...I'm stretching BABY...Imma do disssssss...this was a goooooddddd challenge and so far I am very happy with the results...we should do another one..after this one ends...starting in Jan....Whadda u think?:)

WHERE'S RABIA?

ITA on the bold! I wear a ponytail/bun for most of this challenge and at this point my edges are being very rebellious :lol:. I look in the mirror at work and think ... my hair looks jacked up :(, but that's okay ...Just a little while longer then .... BAM! :woot: ...there it is!

Starting again in Jan sounds good! :)

Back