Hide your Hair 2014

BFeathers

I finally joined the land of the scarfing it because my edges are possessed and taking over my head. The lightest moisture starts them curling and doing their own out of control thing.

2 more weeks of this sew in but my head is itching like mad even more than before. I can lift up my closure and feel a LOT of NG between the tracks but I have to wait until my vacation so my head can breath and when I have the time and energy to tacking this beast.

NGraceO

Mine too ! I have to remove my sew in but my next one is June 16 so what do I do for the down time? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I feel your pain :cry: I'm also waiting on a wig that I won't receive for two weeks.

Why does two weeks seem like an eternity to deal with my hair!? Lol this is sad.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I find myself wishing the 9 weeks hurry up but then again when its finished, those two weeks of rest are hell because I have to actually DO it then, lol.

One week down tomorrow, 8 weeks to go!

Babygrowth

I wore my hair out for a little over a month and next week its time to put a weave back in. I have Brazilian deep curly hair this time and plan to ombre it! This will have to last me longer than 8 weeks because of poor planning thats right around the time my baby girl is due. If she doesn't show signs of coming then I will take it out and throw in some Marley twists.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
How long are you guys keeping your sewins, twists, braids, etc in? I wAs trying to go 12 weeks but now I'm wondering if that's too long. So far it's been 6 weeks. My NG is showing no mercy.

BFeathers

How long are you guys keeping your sewins, twists, braids, etc in? I wAs trying to go 12 weeks but now I'm wondering if that's too long. So far it's been 6 weeks. My NG is showing no mercy.

6-8 weeks. Around 4 weeks my NG started getting wild, the 2 weeks after wild and crazy and after that up to today it's completely out of control.

It'll be 7 1/2 weeks when I take it down.

I'm wearing scarfs around my edges as a big headband because my closure has moved backwards like the continental drift :look:

NaturallyATLPCH

My marleys 4 weeks. And that's pushing it with no break in between. I usually just get another set right afterwards.

Now my box braids I keep 8 weeks, sometimes 12 if I get edges redone.

Speaking of box braids, I will be getting some tomorrow. They will be in for 8 weeks.

pre_medicalrulz

Oh sheesh guys! The time it takes to even put in a PS alone is a lot of work. Then to turn around & remove it 6 to 8 weeks later.... yikes! That would drive me insane. :(

BFeathers

Oh sheesh guys! The time it takes to even put in a PS alone is a lot of work. Then to turn around & remove it 6 to 8 weeks later.... yikes! That would drive me insane. :(

See I can't relax my own hair let alone do a sew in so I get in done.

My weaveologist is the best. She's braids me up and gets my input on how they feel as she goes and will redo the ones I say are a bit too tight with no issues then sews me up and it looks fabulous.

Doing it myself would drive me insane. I'm a perfectionist and sewing my own weave just seems like too much. I don't want to learn. :nono:

NGraceO

See I can't relax my own hair let alone do a sew in so I get in done. My weaveologist is the best. She's braids me up and gets my input on how they feel as she goes and will redo the ones I say are a bit too tight with no issues then sews me up and it looks fabulous. Doing it myself would drive me insane. I'm a perfectionist and sewing my own weave just seems like too much. I don't want to learn. :nono:

Lol. I literally just removed my twists I've had for all of two weeks yesterday.

I think doing them myself makes me okay with succumbing to my hair ADHD, since doing it myself makes it so cheap...

BFeathers

^^^ I got a friend to cornrow my hair last year (I can braid but how the hell people get it actually to stick to the scalp in a cornrow I don't know. I've tried with dummy heads and my fingers just don't get it).

With those cornrows I tried crochet braids myself after 48 hours. I just had the sides done and was a mess. Angry, crying, depressed and defeated. I can actually crochet and thought it would be a breeze.

I took that ish out, took my hair down, washed it, kept it moving for a week and found a weaver.

Never again :nono:

Adiatasha

3 months and I use a net and I use a texture that looks like my hair.

msbettyboop

Week 4 in my beehive weaving under my wig. Moisturizing every morning with a mix of infusium 23, rosewater and tea tree essential oil. Wash every 2 weeks without scrubbing so I don't make the weaving frizzy. In order for this to be more economical than braiding, I need the cornrows to last up to 8 weeks and the wig to last past 1 wash. Any wig washing tips? I'm currently wearing the mommy wig. :).

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

pre_medicalrulz

Finally took my box braids out. Ohhhh the little dirt knots at the root were killer!! Lol I had to remove all of that one by one before washing or I'm sure I would have paid big time. I need a nap. Smh

NGraceO

Took my two-week old twists out last weekend and reinstalled them that same weekend. My indecisiveness has reached an all time high :lol:

Angelbean

I want to join in on this thread ladies, I just installed a sew-in today an plan on keeping it in for a month....I just needed a break from this hair!

Babygrowth

Just installed my sew in. This time I went to the shop and I had a great experience. Will post pics later.

BFeathers

I'm taking this bad boy out this afternoon.

It's growing a lot under here so it's a good thing. I'm about to take this sew in down and I can't wait because my braids are nowhere close to my scalp when pulled up. It's a definite inch in most places and 1 1/2 in others but nothing less than a full inch :yay:

BFeathers

.*wipes forehead* I'm back. Sew in fresh and lovely until the end of July.

Took the sew in down Saturday. Held it down Sun-Mon struggling. I felt bald. I had so much new growth. Pretty much the whole top section of my head down to my ears was puff city new growth like what gets covered with a hat.

I have pics but how you upload them I have no idea

BFeathers

Up close and personal with texture from Saturday. No idea what I am and I would love to know to have an idea of what it would look like natural but I'm not brave or patient enough to go full out. The edges are crispy crunchy enough to say no

Back to the weave