Hi everyone...let me re-introduce myself

Trinity1

I've been part of LHCF for 3 1/2 years and used to post regularly.I was on here alot back in the day when Caramela used to rock the show....LOL, everyone remember her? anyway my hair has finally made it to bra-strap after 3 long years. I feel I have a great regimen that works for me and I dont feel any need for change,although I'm thinking about trying MNT during the Summer months....we'll see.

Anyway I know there is another Tee Tee onboard....dont want to confuse anyone so I'll use the name Tee Tee2. I've used Tee Tee since I was a part of this forum and just havent changed it, so to the other Tee Tee, hope you're not upset:)

TeeTee2

Hi TeeTee2 :wave:

It's great to see you've reached your goal of bra strap length. :clap:
How long was your hair when you first started your journey?

Trinity1

Hi CandiceC,

Its been a long journey for me and although I'm very thankful I've made it I wonder if its normal to take as long as it did. I started a shoulder length cut that wouldnt grow past my shoulders for years...I discovered LHCF about 3 years ago after a problem with breakage prompted me to want to get as much information on black hair care as I could....Now 3 years later I am at bra-strap but I know women that have grown shoulder length hair to bra-strap in 1-2 years. But I dont want to seem ungrateful because I'm anything but that :)

I think I'm going to let it grow until the end of the year and then whatever length it is then,I'll just maintain that length.My hair usually only grows about 4 inches a year...maybe.. not sure.....by then it should be a couple of inches from my waist. I dont desire waist length hair at all so a couple of inches above is enough for me :)

TeeTee2

Trinity1

Hi Isis,

I dont have any pictures to share but I was thinking about getting some. The funny thing is I havent taken any pictures since I reached brastrap. When I get some I'll be sure to post them.

Thanks for welcoming me back!!!!

Tee Tee2

tryn2growmyhair

Tee Tee2 said:
Hi Isis,

I dont have any pictures to share but I was thinking about getting some. The funny thing is I havent taken any pictures since I reached brastrap. When I get some I'll be sure to post them.

Thanks for welcoming me back!!!!

Tee Tee2
What type of hair do you have and what is your regimen? Thanks in advance for the 411.

hondahoney007

Welcome back girl. I joined around the same time you did. I remember Caramela. Have you spoken to her? If so how is she and the baby? I'm still on a journey to brastrap. In January I had my hair cut right above shoulders due to damaged ends. (I put permanent color in my hair which didn't take all over so I overlapped within a 2 day period.) I know I should've know better.:wallbash: Congrats on getting to brastrap. I'll get there 1 day.

Trinity1

Hi Tryn2growmhair,

I have 4a hair and in the back (in the middle),its 4a and 3c. I used to swear up and down I had 4b hair but people keep telling me its not. Doesnt matter to me,.its ALL beautiful. My regimen changes depending on whether I'm wearing the braidout,ponytails or straight. I'll give you a quick run down.

Braidout/ponytail regimen- Condition wash with V05 Oasis.This stuff is sooo moisturizing on my hair,I had to check the bottle to make sure it wasnt a deep conditioner....LOL. Then follow up and with Garnier Fructis conditioner for a 3 min penetrating moisture treatment. After that I use my beloved Silk Elements Cholesterol for my deep conditioning for 10 mins under the dryer. So I go through 3 conditioning phases....light conditioning,penetrating conditioning and deep conditioning. My hair has truly benefited from this method. I'll do this about every 3 days for this regimen. After washing I use NTM serum and Aussie leave in before I start to braid my hair. When I take the braids out I put a little Hot Six oil (love this stuff!) for shine...I swear I think this oil conditions my hair,my ends feel magnificent after using it.

Didnt I say I was going to make this brief....LOL

For straight styles....I do the same washing/conditioning treatments....I use the NTM serum and Aussie leave in. The difference is I'm a little heavier on the serum because this is what straightens my hair. I part my hair where I want in parted then slick back under a tight satin sarf,leaving the ends out to dry a little. When the ends are dry I put like 3 rollers on the length hanging out of the scarf (in the back)....The next day I have straight,straight hair...Everyone always thinks I just relaxed it :) Hope this helps...Sorry I rambled.

TeeTee2

Trinity1

Hi Hondahoney007,

I am so sorry about your setback but you can best believe that your hair will grow back in no time and stronger than before....Just keep taking good care of it. Whats your regimen? I know my regimen tends to change slightly from Winter/Fall months to Spring/Summer months. Spring and Summer I tend to condition wash almost daily.

I havent heard from Caramela but I heard she had the baby and they're fine. I sent her a PM but never heard from her. I'm just glad they're fine.

Ms Jennifer,

Thanks for the welcome :)

TeeTee2

KAddy

Welcome back girlie! Congrats on making it to bra strap and I wish you continued success on your hair growth journey.

Trinity1

Thank you so much everyone for the welcome. Everyone on this board is just as nice as I remember :) Its nice to be back.

Tee Tee2

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Welcome back! That's amazing that you were a LHCF member for 3 1/2 years! Congrats on reaching your bra-strap goal! :clap:

hondahoney007

Thanks for the encouragement. I get a wash & set once a week at a dominican salon, deep condition w/ Affirm 5-in-1 reconstructor. After rollers taken out I have them wrap my hair. No blow dry. I oil scalp sparingly with WGO as needed. I oil ends daily with Keracare essential oils, shea butter oil, & cocoa butter oil. I wear my hair in a bun 90% of the time and I tie hair up every night.

tryn2growmyhair

Tee Tee2 said:
Hi Tryn2growmhair,

I have 4a hair and in the back (in the middle),its 4a and 3c. I used to swear up and down I had 4b hair but people keep telling me its not. Doesnt matter to me,.its ALL beautiful. My regimen changes depending on whether I'm wearing the braidout,ponytails or straight. I'll give you a quick run down.

Braidout/ponytail regimen- Condition wash with V05 Oasis.This stuff is sooo moisturizing on my hair,I had to check the bottle to make sure it wasnt a deep conditioner....LOL. Then follow up and with Garnier Fructis conditioner for a 3 min penetrating moisture treatment. After that I use my beloved Silk Elements Cholesterol for my deep conditioning for 10 mins under the dryer. So I go through 3 conditioning phases....light conditioning,penetrating conditioning and deep conditioning. My hair has truly benefited from this method. I'll do this about every 3 days for this regimen. After washing I use NTM serum and Aussie leave in before I start to braid my hair. When I take the braids out I put a little Hot Six oil (love this stuff!) for shine...I swear I think this oil conditions my hair,my ends feel magnificent after using it.

Didnt I say I was going to make this brief....LOL

For straight styles....I do the same washing/conditioning treatments....I use the NTM serum and Aussie leave in. The difference is I'm a little heavier on the serum because this is what straightens my hair. I part my hair where I want in parted then slick back under a tight satin sarf,leaving the ends out to dry a little. When the ends are dry I put like 3 rollers on the length hanging out of the scarf (in the back)....The next day I have straight,straight hair...Everyone always thinks I just relaxed it :) Hope this helps...Sorry I rambled.

TeeTee2
No, you did not ramble. Thanks for the info.

tryn2growmyhair

hondahoney007 said:
Thanks for the encouragement. I get a wash & set once a week at a dominican salon, deep condition w/ Affirm 5-in-1 reconstructor. After rollers taken out I have them wrap my hair. No blow dry. I oil scalp sparingly with WGO as needed. I oil ends daily with Keracare essential oils, shea butter oil, & cocoa butter oil. I wear my hair in a bun 90% of the time and I tie hair up every night.
Be careful about how the Dominicans comb your hair. My hair stayed at shoulder length when they were doing my hair -- those fine tooth combs gave me free hair cut each week, :LOL: ! I know use their products on my own sometimes and my hair has benefited as a result.