Hey I have a question about Megatek

Nelli04

Okay I have been looking around on the boards about this product but it seems like everyone is cowashing or just plain washing their hair quite often.

My hair is all natural and I go to the shop to get it done once a month, but I dont do any serious washing in between because I wouldnt know how to style it for work and school.

So my question is if I use mega tek, would I HAVE to wash my hair once a week??? If I dont would my hair run into problems??

JustKiya

Hrm. I don't know.

My main concern would be build-up - it's light, but it ain't that light.

I would be concerned. I think that most of the naturals have increased their DC's to at least once a week to head off any potential protein issues..... I really don't know if it would work all that well if you only 'did' your hair once a month. :ohwell:

Nelli04

yea I have a hard time handling my hair after I wash it when I have to work and go to school, i would not even leave the house honestly. I usually just use one of those sprays that are like a shampoo replacement, and then I shampoo a week before I go back to the shop. And the week after that is very hardd for me [referring to the week between washing my hair and going to the shop] :ohwell:

Last edited:

Rapunzel*

Okay I have been looking around on the boards about this product but it seems like everyone is cowashing or just plain washing their hair quite often.

My hair is all natural and I go to the shop to get it done once a month, but I dont do any serious washing in between because I wouldnt know how to style it for work and school.

So my question is if I use mega tek, would I HAVE to wash my hair once a week??? If I dont would my hair run into problems??

if i were you i wouldnt waste the money unless your not going to wash your hair once a month, but even if u did it once a week you would have buildup and your hairdresser wouldn't cowash your hair. i mean if you want this stuff to work you have to use it often at least 1-2 times a week. i believe if you just apply it once a week to ur scalp you would eventually have to rinse because it might cause dandruff :nono:

id suggest that if u already brought this you should try natural hair styles unless your going to flat iron your hair with a heat protectant once a week

welcome newbie

Nice & Wavy

When you go to the salon, do you get your hair straightened or it's left in its natural state?

I say if its straightened, then if you put MT on your scalp, your roots will revert...without a doubt:yep:

If you get your hair done and its natural, you can work it in, just use it once a week...you will see results, it will just take you a little longer:yep:..that way you don't get so much build up so quickly and still be able to rock your do until its time to get it done again.

I hope that helps!