Herbal Essences Products?

jamoca5

I've noticed on quite a few hair care boards that some HE products are pretty good (more notably, the Hello Hydration line). I just wanna hear your thoughts. I went on their website and noticed that they use a little bit of harmful chemicals--like sulfates in the shampoos, something I'm try to avoid. Are their conditioners good? And if so, what line?

robot.

I lovelovelove the HE Hello Hydration conditioner! I use it for my cowashes and you get a really good deal when it's on sale - 23.7 oz for five dollars! The scent is very light and fresh. It's very creamy and leaves my hair clean without any stripping. My curls are glossy and poppin'! I highly recommend it!

Dposh167

i use some of them

HH
Dangerously straight
Totally Twisted
Drama Clean (green bottle)

the only ones i didn't like was LTR & the hydralicious conditioners. But i can't wait to try the new one

Urban

I love the HH and LTR conditioners. I refuse to comb my hair without HH in it. I've used the HH shampoo and didn't like it too much - it stripped my hair.

Spongie Bloom

never used the poo but I love hello hydration and use it everyday for co washing it smells sooo good and does the job very well I highly recommend it

sillygirl82

Hello Hydration conditioner is wonderful. I don't use the HE shampoos because my scalp prefers sulfate free items.

bedazzled

I have yet to try HH, but I love HE LTR. I love the leave in & I do have the conditioner as well. The conditioner left my hair soft, but man my hair would be all over the place and it would not lay down so I quit. I figured the conditioner left my hair frizzy. But now that I have gotten on the porosity control bandwagon & products are working differently now, I'll prob. try it again.

Keshieshimmer

I have only used the Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner. I hated it my hair was left very dry. I also tried the Long Term Relationship leave in, it was alright.

jamoca5

Hmm, maybe I might try one of their conditioners sometime. I was worried because I had heard that some of their products tend to dry out the hair a lot- but maybe it was the shampoo.

bablou00

I heart the conditiners but will never waste my money on the shampoo!!! HE hello hydration is very good for detangling my hair and washing out henna

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I don't use the shampoos but I love Hello Hydration conditioner. It smells fantastic, and it really makes the hair soft and moist. And it gives good slip, so it's good for detangling in the shower with. I wouldn't recommend trying to use it as a leave-in though...I tried that, and my hair came out dull and waxy, even when I tried diluting it or only using very little.

And LTR is my baby daddy. :look:

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

HE HH is one of the only conditioners that gives me crazy crazy slip. I am not one to get a lot of slip from conditioners though. I even condition with another conditioner and then detangle with loads of HH. They don't have it in NA, but I found the HH hair mask in england.....MOST AMAZING SLIP EVER!! If you live in the UK, do not sleep on it!!

Fhrizzball

HE HH con is good for a cowash but I use it as a leave in. The shampoo left my hair squeaky so i wouldn't suggest that. It has one cone in it so that's the only downside. I personally love it and it gives me slip that my other now natural leave ins fail to do.

lbellin

I love the totally twisted. It detangles my thick hair easily. I tried hello hydration, it does not give me the slip that totally twisted does, but it works very well on my daughter's hair.

I just discovered long term relationship. I am not crazy about the conditioner, it does not give me the slip that totally twisted does, but I do like the long term relationship leave-in.

sqzbly1908

I love the totally twisted. It detangles my thick hair easily. I tried hello hydration, it does not give me the slip that totally twisted does, but it works very well on my daughter's hair.

I just discovered long term relationship. I am not crazy about the conditioner, it does not give me the slip that totally twisted does, but I do like the long term relationship leave-in.

@bolded...me too!!! Kinda reminds me of Lacio Lacio and I like that you can put in on dry hair..

SheenaVee

Love the Hello Hydration. Smells lovely, moisturizing. The shampoo is ok too though I hardly ever use shampoo.
However, at £3.22 a bottle it got a little too costly for cowashing seeing as the bottle would only last about 3 washes.

CTBhair

I have used the HE Hello Hydration conditioner and it was good. However, I love the HE Totally Twisted conditioner and it is my staple for co-washes and to wash out henna. I love it as my cheap conditioner. I have never tried the shampoos.

I recently bought Totally Twisted Gel. I am not sure why I bought it, but I have only used a little bit to lay down my edges. It will probably not become a staple.

CurleeDST

I tried it and am confirmed and convinced my hair HATES cheapo drug store products. This stuff stinks, the smell stays with you all day and my hair is not very moisturized. ICK.

MzCiCi

I've only tried LTR Leave-in. I moisturize/seal twice a day with a leave-in. With LTR my hair felt coated after the second use. That's why I switched to NTM Leave-in. :yep:

bbdgirl

The only product that I have tried is the LTR conditioner and leave in I havent used the poo nor do I plan to. But the LTR smells wonderful and is great at detangling and leaves my hair really soft.