Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In: Recalled????

Solila

I wandered into my local target looking for my favorite leave-in: Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave In Split End Protector. I ask one of the employees to help me, and she tells me that there has been a total recall of this product. She even explained her frustration with this since its a staple for her as well. Is this really true?
I've checked other stores (aside from Target), and I cant find it ANYWHERE.:nono:

classoohfive

Not sure if it's been discontinued but I think Amazon is one of the only places that actually has it now.

Amazon is the last place I purchased it, but before that I was able to get it at a grocery store after my Wal-Mart stopped carrying it.

Hmm. I just checked Amazon and I know it's been awhile since I had to purchase because last time I picked up a group of 4, but have the prices been this high for a while now or is it due to the rumors of a recall or being discontinued? I used to buy it for $2.99 each on sale, 3.99 regular price. Wow. I checked a few other places online and it's out of stock.

I'm going to be mad if they discontinue it, it was one of the first new products I tried on my HHJ and it has been a staple since. If they mess with the conditioner then tables will be flipped (okay, not really but I'll be mad) since that's the best conditioner I've been able to find that works for my hair and my daughter's hair when it comes to moisture and detangling.

Phaer

Aren't recalls usually because it poses some danger to the public? I am sorry if you are losing a staple and I understand how frustrating that can be, I am more concerned by the word 'recall, ....WHY??

Jetblackhair

^^^ Good question. Sometimes products/merchandise is sent back to the vendor upon vendor request (RTV-Return To Vendor) which is different from a recall. The manufacturer can then sell the product in stores that specialize in moving discontinued products.

Solila

Phaer
Yes, that is the very reason, but almost everyone I know whose used this, loved it. But who knows, maybe masked in the luscious glory, we were in some kind of imminent danger.

InchHighPrivateEye

I haven't seen that in so long, so I think it really has been recalled and discontinued. I just use the regular conditioner as a leave-in but I don't know if I'll be purchasing it again because I heard that they changed the formula. I loved it :ohwell:

yoli184

Ladies...... There is a new Herbal Essence Leave-in Split end protector from Herbal Essence! It looks just like the LTR, but comes in a purple bottle instead.
It's from the Herbal Essence "Touchably Smooth" line. I didnt like the LTR after the formulation changed. If you like the old LTR, you are going to LOOOVE the Touchably smooth one!!!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I have maybe 4 or 5 bottles of this stuff at home I think. It used to be my beloved until the change occurred. I may throw them babies on eBay or something :look:

lamaria211

I have a n almost full bottle of the LTR leave in and of the HE touchably smooth split end Potector they are very similar but ill always love the LTR original

Solila

Ladies...... There is a new Herbal Essence Leave-in Split end protector from Herbal Essence! It looks just like the LTR, but comes in a purple bottle instead.
It's from the Herbal Essence "Touchably Smooth" line. I didnt like the LTR after the formulation changed. If you like the old LTR, you are going to LOOOVE the Touchably smooth one!!!

I actually walked into Target again, and found ONE lonely bottle of this stuff. Just one- dont ask me where the other bottles went considering it just came in that day. Either people are grabbing these for their quick fix, our Target just enjoys watching customers squirm by putting one count of an item out on the shelves. LOL lol

classoohfive

Aren't recalls usually because it poses some danger to the public? I am sorry if you are losing a staple and I understand how frustrating that can be, I am more concerned by the word 'recall, ....WHY??

Sometimes, but when I worked in a store we had recalls from "OMG, spinach is killing folks!" to "the actual weight of the pre-packaged honey bun in a certain LOT doesn't match what's advertised by .0x oz". The last insignificant, at least to the public, recall I can recall (lol, I'm tired, let me be great) had to do with toilet paper updating its package design. We were to push out as many as the older ones first, then they recalled any unsold ones after a certain date. It didn't mean using the older packaged one would make your butt fall off or anything. It doesn't always mean something bad AND I haven't had any noticeable issues with this in years so that's why I haven't freaked out. That and I checked the site last night to see where I could still purchase it and didn't notice anything about dangerous recalls. *shrug* But if you have some of that concerning bottled stuff sitting around I'll take it off your hands. :look:

Wow... I guess the YT girls werent using it enough. I love this stuff though I havent used it in a while :(

I was thinking the same thing. I hear about it all the time among us on various hair forums and communities but if they're limiting stock or discontinuing it then it's obviously not because we're not buying it.

I haven't purchased new conditioners or leave-ins in so long so I haven't noticed this. I'll have to check it out because while the new LTR works, I loved the old one better. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Last edited:

LexaKing

Je Ne Sais Quoi said:
I have maybe 4 or 5 bottles of this stuff at home I think. It used to be my beloved until the change occurred. I may throw them babies on eBay or something :look:

I'd love to buy or trade for one of those bottles. If you wanna get rid of them let me know :)

auparavant

I wandered into my local target looking for my favorite leave-in: Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave In Split End Protector. I ask one of the employees to help me, and she tells me that there has been a total recall of this product. She even explained her frustration with this since its a staple for her as well. Is this really true?
I've checked other stores (aside from Target), and I cant find it ANYWHERE.:nono:

Is this the red one? I've been looking for it too. Never tried it but heard it was good. There's one by Pantene.

lovebug10

http://www.herbalessences.com/en-US/product-page.aspx?id=7031 heres the link tot he product if anyones interested.

I'm so sad because I used the red bottle a while back and then put it away. I came back to it recently, and I started sealing with lighter oils. I don't know why I put it away before because right now my hair loves this stuff. I realized its best to M&S in 4 sections and use less than a dime sized amount in each section. Then seal with a very light oil (I'm using keracare essential oils for now). I'm praying this new HE LTR works just as well as the original :)

wheezy807

I was just watching GinaBina on youtube and she mentioned if you don't like the new LTR, Touchably Smooth Split End Protector you can try Aussie Split End Protector. She says it smells exactly like the old LTR but the consistency is slightly thinner.

If anyone tries this, give us a report back. I only have one bottle of the old LTR because of the hype. I didn't see anything significant about it.

Last edited: