Henna Users: Do you sit under the dryer or no?

Do you sit under the dryer with henna in your hair?

• Yes, I sit under the dryer

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No, I just leave it in for a while with no heat

Votes: 79 62.7%
  • Sometimes I sit under the dryer, sometimes I don't

Votes: 27 21.4%

• Total voters

rririla

I use a steamer for 25 minutes or so, then sit with a plastic bag on my head for about 2 or 3 more hours, but I only use cassia b/c I don't want any color. This works really well for me

winona

Not the dryer but I occasionally sit under the steamer for 1hr (2X30min). i have notice that this practice really eliminates any dryness that I use to get from using henna. Now I actually don't need a moisturizing conditioner afterwards but I am a creature of habit:)

nymane

I've never used heat, but I'm under the hood dryer now (30mins) and then I'll leave it on for another 4 hours. I primarily do henna for the beautiful color so I'll see if heat makes a difference.

sillygirl82

I have never used heat for henna. I just put on a plastic cap and a turbie twist. I don't think that my dry skin could handle sitting under a dryer for a long time.

Maybe when the Hair Therapy Wrap finally comes back in stock, I'll try that method heat with my henna.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Sometimes I wrap my head in suran wrap or cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for faster dye uptake (I use it for color mainly).

mj11051

I use my heat cap and my steamer,Because I henna for color. I use the heat cap for about an hour and then I use my steamer for the last 30 minutes of hennaing. I get great color.

pookaloo83

I use my heat cap and my steamer,Because I henna for color. I use the heat cap for about an hour and then I use my steamer for the last 30 minutes of hennaing. I get great color.

What henna do you use? I LOVE your color. I just saw your Fotki. And how do you mix yours?

mj11051

I use Yemen henna because it has a very high dye content. Here's my mix:

I make a chamomile and lavender tea and let it sit overnight to get very strong, Then I mix it with my henna and I sleep in henna. Next I rinse until water runs clean then I use a cheapie conditioner and wash, then dc, moisturize and seal.

pookaloo83

I use Yemen henna because it has a very high dye content. Here's my mix:

I make a chamomile and lavender tea and let it sit overnight to get very strong, Then I mix it with my henna and I sleep in henna. Next I rinse until water runs clean then I use a cheapie conditioner and wash, then dc, moisturize and seal.

I'm looking for it online and I can' t find it. I don't have any indian stores in my area, :sad:

fivetimestwo

I voted for sometimes. I usually will walk around with my hair covered in plastic for a couple of hours but if I'm pressed for time I'll sit under the dryer. I get the same amount of dye release regardless of which method I use.

LongLeggedLife

I do overnight, no heat. Wrapped with saran wrap, then a shower cap, then more saran wrap, and a scarf/bonnet. When I take it off the next day my hair feels quite warm, so I think I'm successfully trapping my natural body heat.

I dont use hot water to mix it either, just mix it with warm green tea after I have let it sit for a while to cool after brewing it. Let the dye release for several hrs, then add the rest of my ingredients(honey, teatree oil, little evoo) rite b4 I get ready to use it.

FebeeSigns

Heat helps catalyze the color deposit but I dont use heat. I sleep in my henna and have it on my head for around 12-14 hours no heat before rinsing it out.

Tiye

Old poll. My method isn't listed. I use body heat. Plastic conditioning cap covered with wool hat keeps heat in while I do errands and go about my day. Today I had the henna on for about 5 hours. When I took my hat off to rinse it out, my hair was very warm, and the henna results were good.

MsLi@512

I use henna primarily for it's strengthening properties.The light color deposit is a secondary unimportant perk for me. So I use hot water to mix in addition to conditioners and oil, no heat and leave on for 3 hours max. Works well.

star78

I did my 4th henna treatment today. I mix the henna with amla, brahmi, and warm water. I too am using it for its strengthening properties. I sit under a hooded dryer for one hour and then leave it on for another two hours. So far so good.