Henna Users: Do you sit under the dryer or no?

Do you sit under the dryer with henna in your hair?

• Yes, I sit under the dryer

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No, I just leave it in for a while with no heat

Votes: 79 62.7%
  • Sometimes I sit under the dryer, sometimes I don't

Votes: 27 21.4%

• Total voters

MissFallon

I have henna in my hair now and I'm wondering how if I should sit under the dryer with it or just leave in it there with no heat for 2-3 hours, what do you do?

WomanlyCharm

In my experience, the heat helps put more color into your hair faster...I usually stay under my heat cap with a plastic cap on for at least an hour for good color deposit, I'm always in a hurry. :)

Mystic

MissFallon said:
I have henna in my hair now and I'm wondering how if I should sit under the dryer with it or just leave in it there with no heat for 2-3 hours, what do you do?

Heat or no heat is fine. You will still get the color. The heat makes the process faster.

wicky2828

Is there any added advantage to using the neutral or cassia treatment with heat due to the fact that no color is involved??? Does it add to the conditioning process???

MissFallon

wicky2828 said:
Is there any added advantage to using the neutral or cassia treatment with heat due to the fact that no color is involved??? Does it add to the conditioning process???

great question! I wanna know too.

Mystic

Many hair professionals claim that using heat with the conditioner is better because the heat makes the hairshaft swell open and the product goes inside. Cathy Howse went as far as saying that without the heat you are merely wasting the product.
I don't think Cathy is totally right because I have conditioned my hair without heat and felt the difference in my hair. I have used Cassia both with and without heat and still get the great conditioning benefit of the product.

wicky2828 said:

Cayenne0622

MissFallon said:

I sit under the dryer for an hour and then I sit for another hour with no heat.

toniy

I didnt use any heat because I was scared of getting too much color. When I am done with the product I have, I am purchasing Cassia so I wont have to worry about it.

JLove74

I don't sit under the dryer, because the color has already relased and that's good enough for me. I don't need anymore heat.

Cichelle

I don't sit under the dryer. I do use hot water when I prepare my henna, though, for fast dye release.

wicky2828

Thanks for the info Mystic. I think I will try using a heating cap with the cassia and no heat when I do the henna (I don't want any color benifits).

Mystic said:
Many hair professionals claim that using heat with the conditioner is better because the heat makes the hairshaft swell open and the product goes inside. Cathy Howse went as far as saying that without the heat you are merely wasting the product.
I don't think Cathy is totally right because I have conditioned my hair without heat and felt the difference in my hair. I have used Cassia both with and without heat and still get the great conditioning benefit of the product.

Isis

I use Cathy Howse's method but without heat. I get excellent deep conditioning without heat.
Also, no heat with henna, just a plastic cap. As mentioned, I use hot water in the henna to get the color in a shorter period of time.

tricie

I don't use heat when I henna either; I put on a plastic cap, and then wrap a turbo twistee (whatever it's called) or towel around my head and let it sit for about an hour to 2 hours.

HTH!

poookie

i don't sit under the dryer. my henna stays on my head for at least 12 - 15 hours.
if i did, i think i'd get 3rd degree burns leaving the dryer on my head for all that time :burning:

Lavendar

I voted yes, but I actually sit with a heat cap and not under the dryer. I always use heat with henna.:yep:

LaShanne

1 hour with heat, then 1 hour without. All that heat makes me sleepy, so I usually nap during the 2nd hour :grin:

LaPaciencia

Just tried it for the first time this weekend and I didn't use any heat but my head seems to throw off a lot of heat on its own...:lachen:

Mestiza

I've hennaed my hair w/ heat and w/o it, but I prefer the former b/c it appears to condition my hair better.

HoneyDew

I leave henna on for a couple of hours, using heat for about 20 min of that time. It does make a difference, for me anyway. I notice that it conditions better with that 20 min dose of heat. At the same time, I need the additional time, as well. I do do not get the same conditioning if I don't leave it on for the rest of the time.

JustKiya

I don't use heat - I don't have a dryer, or enough patience to sit in one spot for that long. :lol: I just leave mine on for 24-36 hours instead.

Mrs. Verde

I have never sat under the dryer with henna before. I may try this the next time I henna. I wonder if the heat would have any impact (deeper color) if you sit under the dryer? Anyone tried this?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Do Not.

I wrap Hair in Saran Wrap and Put on a Plastic Cap for a few hours. Sometimes, I will tie a Scarf on top of that.

I don't use Hot Water for Henna. I use ACV allowing to sit 8 - 12 hours.

I use Warm/Hot water for Indigo tho' w/a Dash of Salt.

Last edited: