Henna on Commercial Dyed Blue-Black Hair???

Should I.....

• Only do a henna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do a henna + indigo

• Only do the cassia

• Just let it be...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jhunt-smith

Hey everyone! I am new to LHCF and absolutely LOVE it!!!! U have no clue! ANYWAY, i have been reading a lot about henna & indigo & cassia. I would really like to try to henna my hair (relaxed && dyed... i know, i know), but ...

1> i am afraid of how much red will be added. ive seen the charts and all that but im still a little nervous...

2> im also considering doing the indigo with it, but then i REALLY dont know how that will work

3> my safe option is to use cassia....

SO my question is....1. has anybody with relaxed & dyed blue-black hair added henna or henna+indigo or cassia?? and what kinds of colors did u get?? i added a picture of my hair now... just for reference... please && thanks!:spinning:

Attachments

• DSC00716.jpg
    DSC00716.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00697.jpg
    DSC00697.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Neith

Hey everyone! I am new to LHCF and absolutely LOVE it!!!! U have no clue! ANYWAY, i have been reading a lot about henna & indigo & cassia. I would really like to try to henna my hair (relaxed && dyed... i know, i know), but ...

1> i am afraid of how much red will be added. ive seen the charts and all that but im still a little nervous...

2> im also considering doing the indigo with it, but then i REALLY dont know how that will work

3> my safe option is to use cassia....

SO my question is....1. has anybody with relaxed & dyed blue-black hair added henna or henna+indigo or cassia?? and what kinds of colors did u get?? i added a picture of my hair now... just for reference... please && thanks!:spinning:

:welcome: Your hair is pretty! :)

You want to make sure that the dye you used doesn't contain metallic salts. Or something like that lol. :look:

Sorry I can't be of much help on that subject, but DEFINITELY research this because we don't want a setback, If I am not mistaken some sorts of dyes you shouldn't henna over. I'm pretty sure that most dyes are safe to henna over though. And always remember to use BODY ART QUALITY HENNA ONLY!

If you henna on black hair, you'll have black hair with a reddish tint in strong light.

If you mix indigo with it, it'll be more of a brownish tint depending on how much indigo you put in. If you henna, then use indigo, you'll get black.

ETA: Also, before you try anything, do a test on some of your shed hair because everyone gets a different stain depending on their hair and hair color and the type of henna used and how long they keep it in. :yep:

Last edited: