Henna Color coming out

Growingmyhairlong

Hello Ladies,

So two weeks ago I had used Lush Henna and my hair was colored a dark brown. Very pretty and I loved it. Well yesterday I relaxed my hair and I noticed the color coming out while she applied the relaxer. I thought that it was supposed to be a permanent thing. Honestly I used the henna more for conditioning purposes but I left the color of the henna. Anyway, since it came out while relaxing does that mean that the henna didn't take well. I am just slightly confused. Or did I relax too soon. I can't when you should henna in between relaxers. So now I had a fresh relaxer yesterday when should I use henna again?

Onhergrind09

Growingmyhairlong, Henna is not permanent, it will continue to wash out with every was (whether co-wash or shampoo) and it will most certainly come out when you get relaxer, regardless of how long you wait. It has nothing to do with whether the henna took well. If you left it in long enough for the color to release (i.e. show) then you did it correctly and it took. I hope this helps. Fell free to ask me anymore questions, I've been hennaing for 2+ years.

MilkChocolateOne

Growingmyhairlong, Henna is not permanent, it will continue to wash out with every was (whether co-wash or shampoo) and it will most certainly come out when you get relaxer, regardless of how long you wait. It has nothing to do with whether the henna took well. If you left it in long enough for the color to release (i.e. show) then you did it correctly and it took. I hope this helps. Fell free to ask me anymore questions, I've been hennaing for 2+ years.

henna was permanent for me. it didn't fade and i couldn't strip it. i had to cut the color out. and yes i used baq henna.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I also notice when I T/U there is some "reddish" tinge to the Relaxer.

However, it did not strip or remove the balance of my Henna.

I would say that is normal and has been my experience since 2009.

I usually Re-Henna a week or 2 after I get my Relaxer.

JJamiah

I always thought and read Henna is permanent and has been so for me as well. Minor fading. I have put bleach on top and it would not break or budge for removing color.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Ogoma

Count me in on the 'thought it was permanent' vote. I wanted to color my hair and was told I would need to bleach it first because of the henna. I assume if it can be lifted with bleach, it can be lifted with relaxers but I have no theoretical knowledge to back up my assumption.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Henna does not totally come out per se with Relaxing/Touching Up. However I did/do notice a Red Tinge on the comb when applying the Relaxer.

Just like when you have a Semi/Demi Color on and the Relaxer Application lifts some of that color up. (if that makes sense).

It did not totally remove the Henna Stain tho'.

@JJamiah @Ogoma

leiah

It is permanent but it is very hard to rinse completely clean. How many times did you wash your hair between henna and your relaxer? I cowash a few times a week and the water runs orange a week or more after applying henna

HanaKuroi

Growingmyhairlong said:
Hello Ladies,

So two weeks ago I had used Lush Henna and my hair was colored a dark brown. Very pretty and I loved it. Well yesterday I relaxed my hair and I noticed the color coming out while she applied the relaxer. I thought that it was supposed to be a permanent thing. Honestly I used the henna more for conditioning purposes but I left the color of the henna. Anyway, since it came out while relaxing does that mean that the henna didn't take well. I am just slightly confused. Or did I relax too soon. I can't when you should henna in between relaxers. So now I had a fresh relaxer yesterday when should I use henna again?

I think this was because you used Lush henna.
I have read elsewhere that it's color washes out.
Try using BAQ henna.

Growingmyhairlong

It is permanent but it is very hard to rinse completely clean. How many times did you wash your hair between henna and your relaxer? I cowash a few times a week and the water runs orange a week or more after applying henna

I put henna in my hair two weeks ago and didn't wash it or anything. Then I put the relaxer in yesterday. It was like a red tinge or something in the relaxer. So how long do you think I need to wait to put henna in my hair again after this relaxer?

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Henna is permanent, however, for a week or two after application you will have some of the red come out. This is because its next to impossilible to wash it out completely the first time.