Blond Highlights over Karishma Henna?

Should I get blond highlights over Karishma henna?

• No! You have no idea what the color will turn out to be...

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, your hair should be fine...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if you stop using henna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, if you start using clear henna

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaryJane3000

So I want to get blond highlights once I reach my goal of APL but I'm a little concerned because I use Karishma Henna and I wonder how it'll react.

I plan on doing a strand test first, but do you think that maybe I should stop using Karishma Henna all together and switch to the clear henna about 3-4 months before hand? Or should I stop using henna completely? Can I highlight over henna'ed hair or is that just a disaster waiting to happen?

I'm just worried because it'll be a blond color ( I plan on going for copper/caramel colored highlights) over hair that's brown with a reddish tent in the sun.

Last edited:

MaryJane3000

ummm can i get a little help here ladies? I think I'm going to meet my goal by June so I'd like some feedback before I come back here with a jacked up head thats turned green or something

NikStarrr

I've used Karishma and I just recently bleached the front/top of my hair. My hair wouldn't get anywhere near a blond/sandy brown shade, it just got brighter red/orange-ish color. Basically, the bleach removed my natural color and what was left was the stain of the henna which is very permanent. I toned it down to a brownish red... You may have to fully grow out the henna to achieve blond-ish shades.