HELP!!!

jalen0216

My coworker approached me on yesterday and she wanted me to look at her hair, she separated her micro braids at the crown area of her head and I almost hit the floor she had about a small apple size patch of hair that was broken down to about half of 1/4 of growth, my reaction was I got to talk with my ladies on LHCF. :grin: I touched her hair in that area and it was hard and very dry almost crunchy. :nono: What's should about this situation. I started my own healthy hair care journey on 062009 so I do not think I can give her expert advice. Please help a sister out!!!!

Kranbery

So, she knows that her hair is breaking off and she wanted your help? Or did she just want you to see her braids? Sorry, I am a little confused by her intentions. Anyway, I think she needs to take the braids out and deal with her hair, because it won't get better my just letting it be. Have you told her about this site? It may help for her to see the many different journeys and issues of the women on this site. She might find someone who has had the same problem and see, for herself, how they fixed it.

belizean

Give her the LHCF webiste and tell her she can do searches on braids and breakage. Let her do the research and make her own decisions on her to proceed to fix the issues. There is a free portion of the website and I think I was doing searches long before I subscribed.

That is what I would do.

jalen0216

She wanted my help bc I talk about this site alot and she sees how I have taken up healthy hair care habits and she stated that taking care of your hair takes too much time. She told me that her hair was gone in that spot before the braids. I will try to convince her to join but I hate to waste my time bc I have introduce alot of friends and family to this site and it keeps their interests for about two weeks.

Barbara

Princess
Once she sees your progress, maybe she'll think about doing something with her hair later on. Seeing is believing.

fattyfatfat

tell her to pay her $6.50 and join this site!

I would also tell her to take the braids out and to deal with her hair.

BlkOnyx488

she might want to trade those micros in for a wig, some protective styling,

How long has she had the braids?
Is her Hair relaxed, or Natural?

jalen0216

She is relaxed and she have had the braids for about maybe a month but I do remember that she had a sew-in before the braids that she had in for six weeks and she went straight into braids maybe waiting three days. I just text her to ask did she relax her hair before braids was put in but no response as of yet.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
She wanted my help bc I talk about this site alot and she sees how I have taken up healthy hair care habits and she stated that taking care of your hair takes too much time. She told me that her hair was gone in that spot before the braids. I will try to convince her to join but I hate to waste my time bc I have introduce alot of friends and family to this site and it keeps their interests for about two weeks.

Ok see... this statement lets me know that she really don't want help. Achieving healthy hair takes a lot of time, love, and care. It is a personal investment and if she is not willing to invest in herself them why should we invest time in giving her advice that she will not use nor appreciate.

My advice is for her to keep doing what she doing and maybe the rest of her hair will break off giving her a nice fade-like hairdo.