Please help my Mommy!!!

Traycee

Ok Ladies ....My mother just finished Chemo therapy and Radiation to treat breast cancer....Her hair is growing back in nicely ( b4 Chemo her hair was a littler longer than mid-back) She went completely bald. But........It is really thin in the crown area...Crown area looks like she is losing her hair but thats how it is growing in...She is already a little past neck length .Every where else is thick. She has it cut in a style ..she is relaxed...I tried to talk her out of it but oh well...

I suggested MN but that was a no....What could she use to increase growth and thicken up her crown????...I will post pics later

Ms Lala

Maybe she should try a sulfur product like Claudie's Sulfur Elixir (I've tried this and it thickened up my brows and edges) or Boundless Tresses (I haven't tried this).

Iluvsmuhgrass

Boundless Tresses works well. I didn't notice much of a smell at all but if she's still aroma sensitive (my dad was during and especially after chemo) she can try the scented.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I think what both of the ladies have stated was a good idea CE and BT can get that hair back into full effect.:yep:

SandySea

Hi Traycee. My mom is also a breast cancer survivor. I'm glad your mother has completed her therapy. I don't really have any recommendations, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. Perhaps your mother is taking tamoxiphen or arimadex. These medications block the action of estrogen and I'm not sure if they affect hair growth. My mother took both of these drugs and has thinning--but I think hers is genetic. Maybe you can talk your mom into going natural to promote the appearance of fullness. That's what my mother did, and it definitely helped to improve the appearance of her hair. She may also want to ask her oncologist if it takes a while for the hair to fully recover. God bless.

Traycee

Hi Traycee. My mom is also a breast cancer survivor. I'm glad your mother has completed her therapy. I don't really have any recommendations, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. Perhaps your mother is taking tamoxiphen or arimadex. These medications block the action of estrogen and I'm not sure if they affect hair growth. My mother took both of these drugs and has thinning--but I think hers is genetic. Maybe you can talk your mom into going natural to promote the appearance of fullness. That's what my mother did, and it definitely helped to improve the appearance of her hair. She may also want to ask her oncologist if it takes a while for the hair to fully recover. God bless.

Thanks....my mother is taking the highlighted above...

SandySea

I just did some research on arimidex and I didn't see hair loss mentioned as a common side effect. Didn't want to put any inaccurate info. out there.

Traycee

I just did some research on arimidex and I didn't see hair loss mentioned as a common side effect. Didn't want to put any inaccurate info. out there.

Thanks...did you see the other side effects horrible and she has to take these for the next five years..

ravenmerlita

Best wishes to you and your Mom. You can buy boundless tresses online at http://growthspecifics.com/.

Also, my mother has a few thinning areas and found that a couple of drops of rosemary oil mixed in olive oil helped. I'm not sure if this will help in your mother's situation but rosemary oil is easy to find in health food stores.

FtrDrO

I don't have any advice either, but just wanted to say I'm happy that your mom is doing well and pulling through wonderfully.