HELP with microbraid removal!!

gforceroy

I want to take down my microbraids today but I need to remove the knots from each braid. I would just cut it if the braiders braided past where my hair ends :ohwell: ......I didn't have this problem last time...any tips?

RoundEyedGirl504

When I would get micros i would use a comb to either comb out the knot or if it got tangly I would use my fingers to separate and keep moving up from the bottom with my fingers until it unravels. i hope that helps!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I want to take down my microbraids today but I need to remove the knots from each braid. I would just cut it if the braiders braided past where my hair ends :ohwell: ......I didn't have this problem last time...any tips?

see if you can get your hands on a seam ripper and then use it to cut the knot.

I dont understand why they can braid and put the knot way below where the hair stops.

I saw them braiding 2 young girls hair and they put the knot at least 1 inch before her hair ended I was shocked.

Put it right where the end of the braid is and move it upwards so the knot will be cut but your hair will still be intact. Let us know how this works out

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Lots of oil or conditioner, go one by one. Start with your fingers then use a comb. Time consuming but you save a lot of hair that way

SimplyBlessed

Girl patience! Lol bc u will rip ur hair out if u don't have the patience!

I would also suggest conditioner!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Burbujas

Coating my hair with a thick slippery conditioner (I use AO) and leaving it in overnight really helps soften my hair and literally melts tangles and knots away.

Nonie

...nothing to add because you've been given good advice. Just don't go back to whoever braided your hair. I'm seething that they tied a knot on a section containing your hair. What the &^*&^(*&^ where they thinking????

MysteryMermaid

Once you take em down dont EVER get em again (lol)

I wouldnt.
What I would do to take em down (if u havent already) is braid your micros in sections to where they wont unloosen when u wash em, get a plastic container that's short enough to dip your braids in.

squirt a lot of conditioner in it and pour olive oil in it..mix in some water (you'll get an idea of how much once you just do it)

get in the shower and dip your micros in the contiainer and squeeze the micros against your head so the conditioner mix will sqeeze through. baggy over your head and dont rinse til after 3 hours or leave it on overnight.

Your hair should be moisturized and oiled enough in texture for the braids to just slip out as you unbraid it WITH YOUR CLIPPED DOWN FINGERNAILS- before you snag unnecessary hair. TAKE YOUR TIME or be bald headed (giiirl!)