Help Please, Pix Of Hair Types...i Dont Know Mine.

*Michelle*

I keep reading about it but cant find a pic with pictures of all the types with a description in one spot. Im trying to figure mine out so I can try some new products. This will help me narrow down.

I was never a PJ when I wore my hair straight. Even though I'm happy I want to try a less expensive alternative I like to have two products/lines in rotation.

Im open to suggestions on product and my hair type. Im thinking 3C/4A ISH lol

Pix on my instagram because it's too hard to get them here!

https://instagram.com/sassyfabsweet/

Thank you in advance!

BostonMaria

Your hair is very lovely. Not sure where you are getting the idea of being 4A.
If I were to guess I'd say 3B.

I don't really pay too much mind to hair typing anymore because I never was able to find it helpful. At least not when it came to finding products. My hair is 3B/3C but its on the dry side so I need more moisture.

Here's a hair typing guide that might be helpful
http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Natural-hair-type-gude7.jpg

*Michelle*

Your hair is very lovely. Not sure where you are getting the idea of being 4A.
If I were to guess I'd say 3B.

I don't really pay too much mind to hair typing anymore because I never was able to find it helpful. At least not when it came to finding products. My hair is 3B/3C but its on the dry side so I need more moisture.

Here's a hair typing guide that might be helpful
http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Natural-hair-type-gude7.jpg

Thank you and thank you!! Maybe I shouldn't either...I seem to be more confused than anything lol

I thought it would help narrow down whatto try...seems there is not much rhyme or reason ugh.

overtherainbow

I agree with @BostonMaria you see to be somewhere around 3b, but most people have multiple textures. You're definitely not a 4a because your hair is more curly than coily. As for products, I find that knowing your porosity is way more useful than knowing your curl pattern. I thought I was a 4b/C for YEARS when really I'm am 90% 4a with looser strands here and there. But this mistake didn't effect me at all because I was more concerned with normalizing my high porosity strands.

Evolving78

I say you are 3b as well! And I agree with finding out your porosity level and hair density. This will greatly help with products! My hair is fine, but I am 4a. I have medium density. I can't handle products that are heavy, glycerin, aloe, and with a lot of oils. I do need products that provide a lot of slip, so I don't mind the use of cones. My hair is very coily, so strands like to attach themselves.

*Michelle*

Curly vs coily. This absolutely clarifies it for me!!! Thank you! Yes my hair is spirally curly amd not coily at all. My crown is tighter and nape looser spirals.

I have fine strands with medium density and low porosity. Its also very healthy but thats because the old hairdresser in me wouldn't have it any other way lol

Im not sure why this hair typing is such a struggle for me lol

I do appreciate you ladies!!

*Michelle*

Oh, and Im with you...no oils for me either. Fortunately my hair isnt dry...per se. I don't mind cones either! I even used them on my long texlaxed hair.

My problem with growing hair and keeping it healthy is self inflicted. I like my hair at varied lengths and know it grows soooooooooo I never have a problem cutting it lol. Now Im in FL and feel I can work with it better with lenghth so I need support and accountability...if you will.

BostonMaria

My hair loves protein, heavy oils, and cheap black gel LOL it hates glycerin and finger detangling. Hair typing couldn't tell me any of that. And don't misunderstand me, I'm not against hair typing. I just didn't find it helpful when I did the BC and tried to find products that worked for me.

By the way, what's your regimen? I would like to know what gel you use, if any.

BostonMaria

I didn't realize you were texlaxed. That chart is for chemical free hair. We would have to see your hair with the relaxer in order to figure out your hair type. Beautiful hair nonetheless.

*Michelle*

My hair loves protein, heavy oils, and cheap black gel LOL it hates glycerin and finger detangling. Hair typing couldn't tell me any of that. And don't misunderstand me, I'm not against hair typing. I just didn't find it helpful when I did the BC and tried to find products that worked for me.

By the way, what's your regimen? I would like to know what gel you use, if any.

Yeah, you're right. Im over hair typing.

So far Ive tried Eco styler with Olive Oil (3 times, 3 ways) and it was way to...I dont know but I did not like it. And Ive tried Aveda Be Curly Curl enhancer which I love. I was using Joico shampoo but will try the be curly poo/conditioner and curl enhancer for better results...I think lol.

I got a sample of One and Only Argan Molding cream and used it on my edges and for bunning...I LOVE IT!! My hair lays down feels soft and has a nice sheen and it rinses out easy!

*Michelle*

I didn't realize you were texlaxed. That chart is for chemical free hair. We would have to see your hair with the relaxer in order to figure out your hair type. Beautiful hair nonetheless.

Im not, Im natural. If you look on my instagram where my hair is much longer, that is texlaxed. The bob and curly hair pictures are all natural. Been natural for 4 years or so but always flat ironed until about two weeks ago when I cut it and went curly...thanks FLORIDA humidity :/

BostonMaria

Yeah, you're right. Im over hair typing.

So far Ive tried Eco styler with Olive Oil (3 times, 3 ways) and it was way to...I dont know but I did not like it. And Ive tried Aveda Be Curly Curl enhancer which I love. I was using Joico shampoo but will try the be curly poo/conditioner and curl enhancer for better results...I think lol.

I got a sample of One and Only Argan Molding cream and used it on my edges and for bunning...I LOVE IT!! My hair lays down feels soft and has a nice sheen and it rinses out easy!

I'm sure some ladies would love to know how you texlax your hair. You def have some skills!! It looks so moisturized.

I need to try aveda products. Just been to cheap to try them.

*Michelle*

Awwww, thank you!!! Anytime!!!

I have found I use very different products on my hair for all three process. However the Joico kpak shampoo seems to work no matter what lol

Aveda is pricey, but its HIGHLEY, concentrated. A very little really goes a long way. Even still Im looking for something less expensive so I can mix it up between the two especially when bunning!!

BostonMaria

Im not, Im natural. If you look on my instagram where my hair is much longer, that is texlaxed. The bob and curly hair pictures are all natural. Been natural for 4 years or so but always flat ironed until about two weeks ago when I cut it and went curly...thanks FLORIDA humidity :/

OK got it

I am also looking for an edge tamer. My DD uses Let's Jam on her dry hair. I've tried it but it doesn't give me the same hold that it gives her (She's more 3A/3B). I may go back to using the one from the Curls line.