HELP!!! New to the forum and need advice!!!

Dejhara

ok, so im pretty new to the forum. Ive been on this 'healthy haircare journey' for about 6 weeks. I have read about moisturizing and sealing but when it comes to acutally doing it im a bit lost. Ive been using Protectiv Healthy Ends as my daily and sealing, if thats what you call it, with biolage smoothing serum. Even with dc'ing and cowashing, and the occasional protein treatment, my hair is still breaking. Does anyone have any ideas on products I could be using, or changes I can make to make the breakage at least slow down?? I feel like Im taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.:wallbash:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Welcome! I came to post the newbie manual but I see it was already posted. Browse the threads in there. They're really helpful and will answer your questions

julzinha

You might want to try the Aphogee 2 step to halt the breakage and follow with a moisturizing deep conditioner. Then moisturize and seal daily.

Dejhara

Thanx for the warm welcome!! I have been using the aphogee 2 step. And following with the dc. maybe i will go to the bss and try and find a better moisturizer. any suggestions??

sharifeh

:welcome:

whoa girl, how many times have you used the aphogee 2 step and how often???
:eek:

that thing is strong; it shouldn't be used often

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
How often are you moisturizing and sealing, and have you tried clarifying your hair?
Serums tend to be cone-heavy and cone-heavy products that are applied often can build up on the hair and cause it to break. Clarifying the hair removes build-up and allows your hair to just...breathe. If you haven't tried it yet, that may just be what your hair needs.

And IMO, serums aren't the best thing to seal with on a regular basis. I think that natural oils are a little better, because they still lock in plenty of moisture. But they come off relatively easily, so build-up will take longer to occur with them.

Last edited: