Help! Need New Moisturizer!

CurlyMoo

I have completely run out of UBH Creme Lotion Moisturizer. But I don't want to order another bottle. It's time for something new, thick and creamy. I have been using the homemade mix of 1/2 Aloe Vera, 1/2 Glycerin and sealing with castor oil. And it works great, but I love the cooling effects of cream on my scalp and hair. I want to try something that won't weigh my hair down, smells good and will really soften and moisturize my hair. And not expensive! I would say $6 and under. Any suggestions? Or any suggestions on how to make a homemade cream moisturizer?

Last edited:

SexyCap

I just started using giovanni direct leave-in and it's real thick and creamy and I like that it's glycerin/protein free. I think it was pretty cheap... Check it out on drugstore.com

"D"

meverllyn1

You could buy some cheap conditioner like (suave naturals - coconut, soothing lavender lilac or orchid petal) add shea butter or avocado butter, glycerine and aloe vera mix real good. You might have to soften the sheabutter in order to get it to mix. If you don't like the butters, you could use any kind of oil or an oil mix that you like best. I like to mix equal parts of conditioner and avocado butter and a little of glyercine. If it's too greasy just use less of the butter or oils. You will have to try different mixtures until you find the best mix for you. To define my curls i add aloe vera. Hope i help you.

Mev

Last edited: