Help my hair turned out a hot mess!!!!

okay so last night when i got off of work i decided to go ahead and wash my hair, it had a lot of build up from the products that i have been using. so prior to me doing my hair i went and purchase some coconut oil, olive oil, and nexxus humectress.since last week when i used the emergencee my hair was hard and dry due possible because my hair wasn't enough moisture and the protein was probably to much for my hair. so this week was my week to DC my hair, so i washed my hair, conditioned, DC with ORS replenish pak and a lil olive oil, and sat under the dryer. when i rinsed my hair was so soft and tangle free, so i decided to use the nexxus humectress after the dc for extra mositure and my hair turned out hard, brittle, tangled. what happened? did the nexxus and ors chemically clash, i want to wash it tonight but i want to know what to do tonight so my hair is nicely done. also what is a good way to use coconut oil for my hair?

Do it over and leave out the Nexxus. I finally got a grip and started leaving my hair alone if it felt soft and tangle free after conditioning. I use to think I needed to put another conditioner in there and ended up with a dry hot mess.

Use the Nexxus if just do a shampoo and condish without the extra treatments. You can always use a little coconut oil before bed or right after you wash to help sela in your moisture. HTH!

thanks so much, but is nexxus humectress really a good moisturizer or i just had to many products that effected it. i am just trying to get this hair thing together.

I wonder what happened?! Humectress is great DC IMO...I know the replen packs have protein in them. It could have just been too much for your hair at one time. K.I.S.S.

okay so last night when i got off of work i decided to go ahead and wash my hair, it had a lot of build up from the products that i have been using. so prior to me doing my hair i went and purchase some coconut oil, olive oil, and nexxus humectress.since last week when i used the emergencee my hair was hard and dry due possible because my hair wasn't enough moisture and the protein was probably to much for my hair. so this week was my week to DC my hair, so i washed my hair, conditioned, DC with ORS replenish pak and a lil olive oil, and sat under the dryer. when i rinsed my hair was so soft and tangle free, so i decided to use the nexxus humectress after the dc for extra mositure and my hair turned out hard, brittle, tangled. what happened? did the nexxus and ors chemically clash, i want to wash it tonight but i want to know what to do tonight so my hair is nicely done. also what is a good way to use coconut oil for my hair?

It shouldn't have clashed. I ran out of Keraphix (my normal light protein), so last night I used an ORS pak, then followed that up with Humectress. My hair turned out great. What else did you do? How long did you condition with each? Did you sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for each conditioner?

Humectress turned my hair into a HAM. Dry, tangled and duuuull. I almost threw it away, but I'm too cheap, so I mixed it with some other conditioners and dc'ed with that. I won't be buying it again :down:

I think I'm allergic to it.... Great for my hair, I like the results, but I notice I break out in hives! It's either that or Pantene's R&N mask.

I've used humectress alone with very good results. However, I rarely have good results when I use one conditioner after another. The only time it works for me is when I do a heavy protein treatment and then do a moisturizing conditioner after for at least 20 minutes with heat.

I am not sure why doubling up conditioners doesn't work but I've learned to stay away from doing it.

It shouldn't have clashed. I ran out of Keraphix (my normal light protein), so last night I used an ORS pak, then followed that up with Humectress. My hair turned out great. What else did you do? How long did you condition with each? Did you sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for each conditioner?

after i sat under the dryer with the ORS i rinsed and applied the Nexxus and left it on for 3 minutes like the bottle said and when i rinsed it was a total disaster. dry, dull, tangled hair, i was so mad and i paid 14 for it. maybe the two didn't mix well, but i am about to wash my hair tonight and start over. minus the nexxus tonight

Humectress turned my hair into a HAM. Dry, tangled and duuuull. I almost threw it away, but I'm too cheap, so I mixed it with some other conditioners and dc'ed with that. I won't be buying it again :down:

Same here. I gave mine away, though. :ohwell:

this is so weird, we need to research this. The same thing kinda happens to me but with different products. I'm oil rinsing and when I rinse the oil out my hair is so soft and tangle free but when I add conditioner and rinse, my hair is tangled and hard. It seems like the only conditioner that does not do this is ORS.

You guys to my knowledge Nexxus Humectress has protein in it. Light protein...but for my hair it was enough to dry it out over time. It should not be used as the final conditioner. I got rid of it completely...but if you want to use it, follow up with a moisturizing conditioner that does not have protein in it. :yep:

Back