Help me with my costume!! I need to rollerset dry, flatironed, natural hair

BrockStar

I flatironed my hair and right now it's super straight, but for my costume tonight I want pretty, sexy curls...kind of big hair, but not in a frizzy sort of way. I'm guessing steam rollers would be a bad idea :ohwell:. How can I do it? My last resort would be more heat by using a small curling iron. I thought about flexirods, but how could I set it so the curls will stay? Thanks for your help in advance! I wanna be hot tonight :)

PS..if it helps my hair is about the length in my siggie..I got a super trim yesterday so it's back to about that length.

Try putting a moisturizer of your choice on the ends (or whole length if hair feels dry) and immediately setting your hair very smoothly in multiple sections around the biggest width flexirod you have. The moisturizer seems to help set the curl. Wrap the hair around rod as if you were rollersetting (not a spiral curl) and bend the ends of the rod together to hold it in place. Wear the rods all day or set them under the dryer for about 15 mins. You can then pincurl the sections to keep the curl set until you are ready to go!:grin:

HTH!

naturalpride

Well, flex rods sound like a good idea, my sister uses flexi rods on my neice's blow dried hair and it last and looks pretty.

caramelma

I do a dry set everynight but I use snap on magnetic rollers and my hair is so pretty the next morning. I use moisturizer on the whole lenght of my hair before I roll it then I put the rollers in.

ImFree27

Yeah I would try the green magnetic rollers for a big volume look or pincurls for a more curly look. Thats what I do when I straighten my hair.