Stylist had to CHOP OFF 1 1/2 inches my hair...

pearlygurl

My hair was 1 1/2 below my shoulders but my stylist had to chop it off. The problem is that the hair on the right side of my head grows extremely fast and it barely breaks. On the other hand, the hair on the left side of my head grows soooo slow. It honestly looks like I have two different heads of hair!! I told her just to cut the right side because the difference was too noticable (but she did leave the right side a little longer). Now that I am back to shoulder length, what would you recommend that could help my left side grow faster? TIA

BAILEYSCREAM

pearlygurl said:
My hair was 1 1/2 below my shoulders but my stylist had to chop it off. The problem is that the hair on the right side of my head grows extremely fast and it barely breaks. On the other hand, the hair on the left side of my head grows soooo slow. It honestly looks like I have two different heads of hair!! I told her just to cut the right side because the difference was too noticable (but she did leave the right side a little longer). Now that I am back to shoulder length, what would you recommend that could help my left side grow faster? TIA

1) Scalp massages with Wild growth oil....I suggested this because the massage stimulates the scalp and also wild growth hair oil (WGHO) helps to soften up the texture.

2) Surge 14 hair revitalizer.

Also maybe you have different textures on either side. I know I have two different textures to deal with and it's not always easy.:cool:

Take a look at this thread, PROVEN oil blend that stimulates hair growth!!
It may be helpful. I've never tried the essential oil blend but I will at some point. I've read good things about these essential oil concoctions.:)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1261&highlight=proven+essential+blend

jasmin

I think it's just natural for some people to have hair that grows faster on one side. I stop letting people even out my hair but the results were always the same. One side will always be longer than the other. Supergirl had a good explanation for this.

Ayeshia

Surge the left side. Thats what Im doing. My hair doesnt necessarily grow slower on my left side. but it is more prone to breakage, splitends, and knots for some reason.So the surge helps.

pearlygurl

Thanks ladies for all of the suggestions. I will look into Surge and essential oil blends. Any more?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It sounds like u have dry ends. Have u considered adding sulfur 8 on yr ends and then tyting it up? My mom did that and her hair started growing like a weed! She is a staunch S8 pusha! :lol: It does work, though. If my hair was long enough, that's what I would do! Happy growing! :D

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Super B-Complex. I take Nature Made brand. I've been thinking about trying L-Cysteine again but not sure yet. I also recommend scalp massages as often as you can. HTH!

pearlygurl

Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies. I think I will try doing scalp massages on the left side of my head and making sure to moisturize my ends.

Mitre

My hair on my right side is somewhat thinner and shorter than the left I have no idea why I treat both sides the same . Some one said that most hair dresser are right handed and do the right side of your hair first. Next time you get your hair relax do the other side first

Softresses

Do you sleep on the thinner side? Sometimes hair gets thinner on the side you sleep on. If so you can try to alternate sides:).

Softresses