Help Ladies! I need a style for my damp relaxed hair.

LaidBak

I have relaxed fine hair. I am trying to limit direct heat. Usually I wash in the evening, then sit around and air dry it 70%, and sleep dry the rest of the way. I hate being a slave to this process. I want to wash my hair and be able to leave the house.

PLEASE give me some style ideas for damp, relaxed hair. Something I can do with it so I can run to the store or whatever. You know? I look silly with it just hanging there wet. And my wet ponytail just looks pathetic. HELP!

Simply_Kelz

Hmmm, I'm a night dryer, so I'm not much help.

But if I have to leave out, I'll usually braid it in pigtails.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
^Braided pigtails is a cute idea! What about a quick little bun? You can twist your hair into a cinnamon bun and secure with a Good Hair Days pin :yep:

LaidBak

^Braided pigtails is a cute idea! What about a quick little bun? You can twist your hair into a cinnamon bun and secure with a Good Hair Days pin :yep:

Sadly, I don't have enough hair for a bun. What is a cinnamon bun anyway? Off to google "Good Hair Days pin"...

Pigtails would require rubberbands. I'm not sure that would be kind to my wet ends. But I'm going to play with that idea. Thx!

wannabelong

When my hair was shorter and I did not feel comfortable wearing my own hair out in public, I wore a half wig. Then when I got tired of wearing a half wig, I wore a UPA clip. You can also try wearing a donut bun made out of a sock.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I co wash everyday and I am relaxed (more on the texlax side) and have fine/thin hair.

1. Grab up the sides of your hair and clip up toward the center top of your head. Clip under or over the rest of your hair with Good Hair Days Pins or scrunch and leave down.
  2. Pull hair back, take Good Hair Days Pins and make a messy bun using as many pins as you need.
  3. Part hair on the side and make a side sweep and pin the rest up using your Pins. I can make my hair look like something like Tamron Hall from MSNBC (from the front) with this method when it's damp, pushing it up and molding it to look like this and when I dries it stays this way. I wear my hair like this to work.

LaidBak

Thank you ladies!! Keep 'em coming!!

I co wash everyday and I am relaxed (more on the texlax side) and have fine/thin hair.

1. Grab up the sides of your hair and clip up toward the center top of your head. Clip under or over the rest of your hair with Good Hair Days Pins or scrunch and leave down.
  2. Pull hair back, take Good Hair Days Pins and make a messy bun using as many pins as you need.
  3. Part hair on the side and make a side sweep and pin the rest up using your Pins. I can make my hair look like something like Tamron Hall from MSNBC (from the front) with this method when it's damp, pushing it up and molding it to look like this and when I dries it stays this way. I wear my hair like this to work.

Awesome ideas! Co-washer to the rescue! :drunk:
This has given me an idea...

LaidBak

This is what I came up with for the time being. But keep the ideas coming!

Attachments

• Hair 010.jpg
    Hair 010.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Hair 016.jpg
    Hair 016.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Hair 017.jpg
    Hair 017.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 40

MummysGirl

Your updo is cute!

My suggestions:
1 or 2 french braids....

Or you could do cornrows or flat twists for a braidout and use a headband or scarf to accessorise...

Live4Me

I am in the same boat as you. I have fine strands, but a lot of them! So overall, my hair is thick, but individually they are fine and prone to tangling. I do double french braids that meet at my nape and tuck the ends with bobby pins. But my all-time fav is to scrunch my hair with a few products. Then when it's 70% dry, I gently finger come it into a banana clip. It looks like I have a full, wavy/curly ponytail. If it has not waved up enough or if I am rushing, I take small clumps of hair in the banana clip and pin the ends under going clockwise around the clip making sure that it doesn't show. All you see is hair -- no clip. And it makes it look like you have a big bun. Tip: Mango Butter does wonders on edges!