HELP! For my little cousin's 4B natural scab hair :(

Blaque*Angel

Hi ladies,

My cousin is only 12 but has been getting perms since five:(

her mom has finally stopped perming her hair which was very damaged-
It was chin length and thick but now very thin and wiry and snaps easily when you run your fingers through it!:confused:

her hair also now soaks up moisture and is very hard brittle and dry.
I have heard of scab hair being mentioned on here and think it could be this.

Her mom cut off an inch or so of her hair but her hair is in really bad shape.

She does not want to BC, Is there any way to help her hair?
I've searched "scab hair" but i do not see any posts and do not know anything about it other than dry brittle hair.
any help would be appreciated.
T.I.A

JewelleNY

JMO, I have had scab hair and I think the only way to get rid of it is to let it grow out. You can make it a little better through hot oil treatments and deep conditioning. I would also recommend braidouts or twistouts to mke the hair look nicer. Lots of moisture is the key and eventually the hair will grow out.

HTH:)

hopeful

JewelleNY said:
JMO, I have had scab hair and I think the only way to get rid of it is to let it grow out. You can make it a little better through hot oil treatments and deep conditioning. I would also recommend braidouts or twistouts to mke the hair look nicer. Lots of moisture is the key and eventually the hair will grow out.

HTH:)

Co-signing with Jewelle. Maybe try s-curl on her new growth too. I grew my daughter's relaxer out over a 1 and 1/2 year period. She only had a relaxer for about a year though so her new-growth was pretty healthy. Patience really is key. Just keep it braided, keep it conditioned, and keep cutting an inch or so every couple of months and before you know she will have a head full of healthy, soft, natural hair.

Blaque*Angel

Thanks for the responses,And the helpful link.

I'm glad she is still young so we can work on her hair from now!